2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum K+Dcan cables not working

02-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
nick97
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
K+Dcan cables not working

I bought a cable from bimmergeeks a month ago and when i tried using it, the red light flashes for a second when i inserted in, goes off and mhd app is saying no cable connected. No biggie, bad cable, right? I emailed them, pretty quickly i got a second cable, then a third, then a forth, all of them with the same problem. Bimmergeeks assured me the 4th cable works, but nope i still get the same problem. Now my question, do i really have the worst luck possible and got 4 faulty cables in a row, or there is another problem with my car/phone. Other scanners work no problem and the car used to have a jb4 untill a couple of months ago, everything worked. I'm using a galaxy s8+ and a usb-c adapter.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 01:40 PM   #2
Kwood-F10-535i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 535I

Garage List
Then K+D CAN cables run off the OBDII power. make sure you have power on pins +12V on pin 16 and Ground on pins 4 and 5. They are 2 separate grounds so check both.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...i-lim/GAASxKuO Has all the wiring diagrams for the system.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 03:14 PM   #3
M2CBoi
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C 2013 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick97 View Post
I bought a cable from bimmergeeks a month ago and when i tried using it, the red light flashes for a second when i inserted in, goes off and mhd app is saying no cable connected. No biggie, bad cable, right? I emailed them, pretty quickly i got a second cable, then a third, then a forth, all of them with the same problem. Bimmergeeks assured me the 4th cable works, but nope i still get the same problem. Now my question, do i really have the worst luck possible and got 4 faulty cables in a row, or there is another problem with my car/phone. Other scanners work no problem and the car used to have a jb4 untill a couple of months ago, everything worked. I'm using a galaxy s8+ and a usb-c adapter.
Nick, did you ever find out how to fix this? I am currently having the EXACT same issue with tuning my M235i. On the second cable currently and it's bimmergeeks.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
nick97
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M235iTune View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick97 View Post
Nick, did you ever find out how to fix this? I am currently having the EXACT same issue with tuning my M235i. On the second cable currently and it's bimmergeeks.
no, nothing worked
just bought a cheap one from amazon that was on bm3 website and that one worked perfectly.
Appreciate 0