2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding iDrive - White Screen - Mount Timeout

05-03-2017, 03:54 AM   #1
davenrodger
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d 2012

iDrive - White Screen - Mount Timeout

Hi,

Hoping that someone can help me with an intermittent issue I have with my UK 2012 F10 520d.

Sometimes (no real pattern) my idrive screen comes up white with a message stating Mount Check Wait and a further message stating Mount Timeout (I have attached an image of this).

I work in IT and believe that the mount message is due to it trying to mount a storage volume but why is this happening?

I dont have an additional bmw hard drive and I do use a usb drive for mp3's. I have got this message though when the usb drive is unplugged.

I have searched and searched but it appears no one else has reported this issue. I have also searched for a method to reboot the idrive - everything points at holding the mute/volume knob down for 25 seconds but this doesnt work either on the error screen or when the idrive is working fine. I have also tried the method for older idrives which is to hold the mute/volume knob and the eject button together for a period of time again with no joy.

My idrive doesnt have sat nav and doesnt have dab. I have also updated the fireware to the latest official version and the problem still persists.

Thanks in advance for any help and I hope someone knows what is going on here.

Dave
Attached Images

Appreciate 0