2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications New N63 engine installed, update.

07-01-2020, 11:23 AM   #23
Kishan
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i xDrive

Cool N63 engine replacement claim in May 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_sarky View Post
My N63 seized up on July 31st after a rod bearing overheated and failed. It was a long journey to get a new engine with the whole recall and lawsuit, but I picked up my car yesterday and the engine purrs.

I decated my cats, basically have a 3 inch hole thru them so I was worried if the dealer/warranty would deny my claim, but he only asked me if I want to replace them, I declined and they proceeded with the swap.

I think I need a new battery now, probably because its been sitting in the dealer lot 6 months dead and my carbon fiber spoiler is toast from the sun, alignment needs to be done because the steering wheel sits a little sideways when going straight, other than that I'm glad I have my car back.

The "long block" motor was a little under $4k, labor was $6.2k plus a few other parts, total was $11,200, my portion out of pocket was 500ish. This was done with my aftermarket warranty.

I'm probably one of the very first people with the new N63 engine out there

Suggestions if I should do an oil change after a 1000 miles or so? Break-in suggestions?

Hi Paul,

So, I've 2011 550i xdrive. In May this year I took to dealer for diagnosis of burning oil every 1,000 km and misfire. They diagnosed and found metal shavings in oil filter. I've aftermarket warranty and they approved the claim after little over 2 weeks of submission. Anyways, long story short here's what dealership quoted me (Canadian Dollars) -

1 ENGINE - $7857.00

2 INTAKE MANIFOLD - @$64.50

2 GASKET - @$28.00

2 EXHAUST GASKET - @$42.00

16 NUTS - @$3.02

2 CLAMP - @$39.10

2 CLAMPS - @$39.10

9 OIL - @$16.80

1 COOLANT - $22.77

9 TRANS FLUID - @$89.57

1 V/C GASKET - $53.50

1 V/C GASKET - $53.50

2 GASKET - @$16.75

TOTAL REPAIR: $9451.32 (parts) + $6,692.73 (labour) + $178.95 (1 hour of diag) = $16,144.05.

In addition,

1 COIL - @$125.00 (1.5 hours labour install)

8 Spark Plugs - @ $399 package.

So with taxes and the diagnosis charges and whatever I'm told I'll owe them around $2400 out of my pocket. Cause the warranty has approved the claim of $17,000 (the car value).

My concern is that why are they charging me labour for Spark Plugs and Ignition Coil, Since the whole damn engine is going to be on the ground and already paid ($6,700) labour for it. As per hourly rate they charged for around 38 hours labour.

My service advisor was annoyed with me at one point when she needed approval for repair from me cause I was asking her quite a few questions. Just cause I also work on all my cars except the big jobs like dropping the motor. Anyways, the motor is not here yet; I'm told the short block is going to be in on July 2nd.

Last question,

Did they replaced Oil return lines and coolant lines?

And how is your new motor running? Any issues with it yet?

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #24
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnal View Post
Hi Paul,

So, I've 2011 550i xdrive. In May this year I took to dealer for diagnosis of burning oil every 1,000 km and misfire. They diagnosed and found metal shavings in oil filter. I've aftermarket warranty and they approved the claim after little over 2 weeks of submission. Anyways, long story short here's what dealership quoted me (Canadian Dollars) -

1 ENGINE - $7857.00

2 INTAKE MANIFOLD - @$64.50

2 GASKET - @$28.00

2 EXHAUST GASKET - @$42.00

16 NUTS - @$3.02

2 CLAMP - @$39.10

2 CLAMPS - @$39.10

9 OIL - @$16.80

1 COOLANT - $22.77

9 TRANS FLUID - @$89.57

1 V/C GASKET - $53.50

1 V/C GASKET - $53.50

2 GASKET - @$16.75

TOTAL REPAIR: $9451.32 (parts) + $6,692.73 (labour) + $178.95 (1 hour of diag) = $16,144.05.

In addition,

1 COIL - @$125.00 (1.5 hours labour install)

8 Spark Plugs - @ $399 package.

So with taxes and the diagnosis charges and whatever I'm told I'll owe them around $2400 out of my pocket. Cause the warranty has approved the claim of $17,000 (the car value).

My concern is that why are they charging me labour for Spark Plugs and Ignition Coil, Since the whole damn engine is going to be on the ground and already paid ($6,700) labour for it. As per hourly rate they charged for around 38 hours labour.

My service advisor was annoyed with me at one point when she needed approval for repair from me cause I was asking her quite a few questions. Just cause I also work on all my cars except the big jobs like dropping the motor. Anyways, the motor is not here yet; I'm told the short block is going to be in on July 2nd.

Last question,

Did they replaced Oil return lines and coolant lines?

And how is your new motor running? Any issues with it yet?

Thank you in advance.
Here, let me help you save a few grand.

BMW rebuilt engine for your car, 3127 + 500 Shipping =3627.00 You do have to pay the 2400 core charge but get it back when they receive your old engine

https://parts.bmwnorthwest.com/p/BMW...002296776.html

Also, why are they charing you 1.5 hours to change an ignition coil when they have to remove all of them anyway? BTW, once your air cleaners are out of the way, Ignition coils take no tools to remove and take approx 30 seconds to replace each one. I am not kidding. Dealers....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 03:56 PM   #25
Kishan
Canada
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Here, let me help you save a few grand.

BMW rebuilt engine for your car, 3127 + 500 Shipping =3627.00 You do have to pay the 2400 core charge but get it back when they receive your old engine

https://parts.bmwnorthwest.com/p/BMW...002296776.html

Also, why are they charing you 1.5 hours to change an ignition coil when they have to remove all of them anyway? BTW, once your air cleaners are out of the way, Ignition coils take no tools to remove and take approx 30 seconds to replace each one. I am not kidding. Dealers....
Wow, that's attractive price.... I hope the price they quoted me is for brand spankin new motor.... They said it's coming from Germany.

I know right, they are trying to money grab when they already have charged me 38+ hour labour to replace the motor.

Thank you for the link but, I can't back out right now cause parts are already ordered and car is at dealership from May 27th.

Yeah, I'll have to fight with the manager when I go there to pickup. No way I'm paying them $399 for Spark Plugs and 1.5 Hour labour for Ignition coil.
I can buy spark plugs for $156 and replace myself.

Did you got brand new motor or rebuild? What's the current status of your motor like running good?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 07:05 PM   #26
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Wow, that's attractive price.... I hope the price they quoted me is for brand spankin new motor.... They said it's coming from Germany.

I know right, they are trying to money grab when they already have charged me 38+ hour labour to replace the motor.

Thank you for the link but, I can't back out right now cause parts are already ordered and car is at dealership from May 27th.

Yeah, I'll have to fight with the manager when I go there to pickup. No way I'm paying them $399 for Spark Plugs and 1.5 Hour labour for Ignition coil.
I can buy spark plugs for $156 and replace myself.

Did you got brand new motor or rebuild? What's the current status of your motor like running good?

Thanks.
Hopefully it is new or at the very least has all new components like fuel pumps, cam sensors, etc. If it's a rebuilt then ask why your not getting the refund back on the core charge which is usually 2 to 3 grand.

They are definitely taking you for a ride on the spark plugs and coils but not on the labor for the replacement, 38 hours is about right. The amount of work it is to do is INSANE.

Mine was burning oil just like yours and cause was valve stem seals. I replaced them myself, I also had to pull the cylinder heads to lap the exhaust valves and cleanup the carbon as it was horrific. I decided to do a mild port and polish on the heads while I was on there. All in all I have around 130+ hours of labor into spanning approx 4 months due to hectic work schedule. I have put about 6K miles on engine since I did this and it didn't burn any oil. Engine now has 156,000 miles on it. Same engine as yours, just in a X5.

Just got back from trip into the mountains and back, nothing like blasting up steep mountain grades in 5300lbs with ease that most cars/trucks struggle to even do the speed limit. The N63 has it's issues, but when it's running right....Damn is it fun.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 08:33 PM   #27
Kishan
Canada
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Hopefully it is new or at the very least has all new components like fuel pumps, cam sensors, etc. If it's a rebuilt then ask why your not getting the refund back on the core charge which is usually 2 to 3 grand.

They are definitely taking you for a ride on the spark plugs and coils but not on the labor for the replacement, 38 hours is about right. The amount of work it is to do is INSANE.

Mine was burning oil just like yours and cause was valve stem seals. I replaced them myself, I also had to pull the cylinder heads to lap the exhaust valves and cleanup the carbon as it was horrific. I decided to do a mild port and polish on the heads while I was on there. All in all I have around 130+ hours of labor into spanning approx 4 months due to hectic work schedule. I have put about 6K miles on engine since I did this and it didn't burn any oil. Engine now has 156,000 miles on it. Same engine as yours, just in a X5.

Just got back from trip into the mountains and back, nothing like blasting up steep mountain grades in 5300lbs with ease that most cars/trucks struggle to even do the speed limit. The N63 has it's issues, but when it's running right....Damn is it fun.
Wow man, you did put in lot of hours. I found this guy who pulls out the motor in 1 hour out of 550i. He is amazing.

My car only had 77k miles on it. Actually, in my motor they found oil on spark plugs in bank 1; so no doubt I need new spark plugs. I've problem with them charging me $399 the spark plug replacement package.

They did compression at the request of warranty company for assurance and 2 cylinder failed the test. Only for diagnosis I was charged $900....

What do you think, would they replace the coolant lines and oil return lines?

Hopefully everything works out alright for me, I hope they don't give this job to a rookie tech....

On the upside I'm getting 2 years unlimited millage BMW warranty, and on the downside I've exhausted my aftermarket warranty

As per your experience do you know if 550i xdrive has any other big expenses? Like transmission etc....

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #28
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Wow man, you did put in lot of hours. I found this guy who pulls out the motor in 1 hour out of 550i. He is amazing.

My car only had 77k miles on it. Actually, in my motor they found oil on spark plugs in bank 1; so no doubt I need new spark plugs. I've problem with them charging me $399 the spark plug replacement package.

They did compression at the request of warranty company for assurance and 2 cylinder failed the test. Only for diagnosis I was charged $900....

What do you think, would they replace the coolant lines and oil return lines?

Hopefully everything works out alright for me, I hope they don't give this job to a rookie tech....

On the upside I'm getting 2 years unlimited millage BMW warranty, and on the downside I've exhausted my aftermarket warranty

As per your experience do you know if 550i xdrive has any other big expenses? Like transmission etc....

Thanks.
Wow that is fast on pulling it, would probably take me all day lol. The real time is swapping over all the components: injectors, fuel pumps, turbos, endless coolant lines and wires...

I took my time and put alot in to the carbon cleanup and port & polish, which I only spent about 30min per port but there are 32 ports so 16 hours just in that not to mention the pistons, combustion chambers, lapping the valves, cleaning and painting the valve covers (I feel kinda dumb painting them, can't even see them with the stock air cleaners on it lol) took forever but eventually got it done, below are some pics you might get a kick out of.

I doubt they will replace anything they don't have to. A few things you should replace No Matter What are below:

ALL of your coils with Eldor Brand from FCP Euro (do it yourself, its easy)
Cylinder head to Cylinder head coolant line (VERY important they don't reuse this!)
Turbo oil return lines
Turbo coolant lines

Those four are the main problem child for the N63. The Turbo oil return line cover is too but that should be new already on the new engine.

As for other items, the ZF8HP transmission will give you 150+ thousand miles IF you change the oil. BMW will tell you its lifetime oil, THEY LIE. ZF makes it and tells you to change around 60-80k, now is perfect time to do it but you will need to do it yourself of take to good Indy shop.

Also now is perfect time to change your transfer case oil as well as front and rear differential fluid. Do all of this and you can expect another 70-100K miles out of her without major issues.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 07-01-2020 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 2
      07-02-2020, 08:37 AM   #29
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Some good info there for the v8 owners. What exactly does a 11-00-2-296-776 exchange include? Seems pretty vague on that link. Does that include the timing chain?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #30
Kishan
Canada
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Wow that is fast on pulling it, would probably take me all day lol. The real time is swapping over all the components: injectors, fuel pumps, turbos, endless coolant lines and wires...

I took my time and put alot in to the carbon cleanup and port & polish, which I only spent about 30min per port but there are 32 ports so 16 hours just in that not to mention the pistons, combustion chambers, lapping the valves, cleaning and painting the valve covers (I feel kinda dumb painting them, can't even see them with the stock air cleaners on it lol) took forever but eventually got it done, below are some pics you might get a kick out of.

I doubt they will replace anything they don't have to. A few things you should replace No Matter What are below:

Cylinder head to Cylinder head coolant line (VERY important they don't reuse this!)
Turbo oil return lines
Turbo coolant lines

Those four are the main problem child for the N63. The Turbo oil return line cover is too but that should be new already on the new engine.

As for other items, the ZF8HP transmission will give you 150+ thousand miles IF you change the oil. BMW will tell you its lifetime oil, THEY LIE. ZF makes it and tells you to change around 60-80k, now is perfect time to do it but you will need to do it yourself of take to good Indy shop.

Also now is perfect time to change your transfer case oil as well as front and rear differential fluid. Do all of this and you can expect another 70-100K miles out of her without major issues.
You are genius man you've done amazing job, hats off to you and thank you for the insight.

I just got text saying the engine is in and I'm heading there for chat to point out the things you suggested to replace like the lines I'm worried about.

I already asked them last year about transmission fluid replacement they said it's lifetime, I doubted them at that time. Anyways, once the car is with me I'll definitely replace all those fluids and Ignition coil.

I really appreciate your help man, Thank You....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #31
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

To clarify, BMW does say it's lifetime so of course the dealership will back that up. I replaced my fluid despite them saying it's lifetime. It's not the individual dealership's fault if they say it's lifetime and following BMW recommendations, but it's up to you to replace it regardless.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 05:08 PM   #32
Kishan
Canada
Rep

Cool

Quote:

Turbo oil return lines
Turbo coolant lines

Just came home from dealership, their diagnosis is little vague.

After I asked her about changing Turbo coolant vent pipe and turbo oil return line, she is let ask the Tech. She went with tech to the car and tech looked in the hood was like yeah I can see some coolant around vent pipe but "we can put some silicone around it...." They can't even see the oil return line as it's under the plate but still the tech is like "ohh that shouldn't be a problem, we don't need to replace them...." I'm like what the hell kind of diagnosis is that!!!! All the parts are in but those lines....

I think these are their tactics to make more money, if they don't replace the lines now after few thousand miles it's going to need that. So that way they make more money.... WOW!!!!

I'm going to go ahead and tell her to put new lines in the engine....

Ohh and I confirmed about the motor and she said it's new from Germany not the rebuilt. And there is no core charge on it, so I suppose all the fuel pump and cam sensor etc. are going to be brand new.... So I think I'll take the old motor....
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 08:04 PM   #33
BaselessClaims
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i

Quote:
Whether new or rebuilt the core charge applies. However, if they aren’t charging you for it on your bill, you shouldn’t expect to get it back. If the engine costs $3,100 they have to pay $5,500 to get it. They get the $2,400 core charge back when they send in the core. It should be invisible to you the customer.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:02 AM   #34
Kishan
Canada
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselessClaims View Post
Whether new or rebuilt the core charge applies. However, if they aren’t charging you for it on your bill, you shouldn’t expect to get it back. If the engine costs $3,100 they have to pay $5,500 to get it. They get the $2,400 core charge back when they send in the core. It should be invisible to you the customer.
Ohh wow, that's not good. I mentioned it to my service advisor when I was there about the core charges and she looked up in system and said there is no mention of any core charges.

So technically the old engine is mine if I choose to get it!? They charged me whopping $7900 for new one.

Ohh and I asked her to replace the Cylinder Head Coolant Vent Pipe and Turbo Oil Return Line while they are there, but unfortunately they are too greedy. She came up with $462 +taxes for vent pipe and $485 +taxes for return line and this price just is for parts no labour. I searched for parts online and it's around $400 for lines and gaskets and o-ring.

You know we just have 1 dealer of BMW for whole province, so they have the monopoly. I'm thinking of opening the lines once I get my car back and possibly I might bring Consumer Protection Office in picture....

I'm sick & tired of this BMW dealer doing whatever they want....
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #35
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

So how much will it cost you out the door to get the replacement done at the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 02:57 PM   #36
Kishan
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
So how much will it cost you out the door to get the replacement done at the dealership?
I'm still waiting on exact number but the rough estimate was -

Parts - $9,800
Labour - $6,700
Additional Parts like 1 Ignition Coil and 8 spark plugs - $525

So, the Total - 17,100 ish +taxes (estimated $2,300)

Grand Total - $19,500 estimated....
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 05:03 PM   #37
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

But BMW is covering most of it based on the recall, correct? Or is that YOUR out of pocket?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 05:57 PM   #38
Kishan
Canada
Rep

Cool

Quote:
But BMW is covering most of it based on the recall, correct? Or is that YOUR out of pocket?
Lol NO not BMW. And there is no recall for the whole motor, unless you are under their warranty and miles. But what I've heard and researched it came up like BMW dealers will always push you past that 5 years 60,000 miles and they don't have to worry about it.

I'm second owner and around 77k miles and I've aftermarket warranty. Aftermarket warranty is paying for, but only $17,000. The Aftermarket Warranty decides the value on the basis of Wholesale Market Resale Value of the Car the day claim was opened. So basically out of my pocket I owe them extras and taxes. Out of my pocket will be around $2400. This dealer is greedy man.... Let me give you an example -

I requested them to replace Coolant Vent Line, Turbo Oil Return Line and all related Gaskets and Gasket Ring rather then using old ones....

So my advisor called my and came up with magic numbers for parts. Here it goes -

Coolant Vent Line and o-rings - $463 +taxes

Turbo Oil Return Line and all related Gaskets and Gasket Ring - $485 +taxes.

I was like ok, don't worry about it. Do it as tech says, if he confident then go with the old ones....

So I went ahead and inquired with out of province BMW dealer they gave parts quote with free shipping. Here it goes -

Coolant Vent Line and o-rings - $130.90 +taxes

Turbo Oil Return Line and all related Gaskets and Gasket Ring - $350 +taxes.

Anyways, I'll install myself when I get the car back and possibly reporting them to BMW Canada HQs....

Only thing I'm worried about is I won't have anything to lean on cause my aftermarket warranty is exhausted now....

Mind you I'm getting 2 years unlimited miles BMW Warranty (the parts they install now). But wondering if I've to pay labour when I go in for repair under BMW Warranty?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 06:06 PM   #39
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
If it's out of his pocket, that car would have been considered mechanically totaled.

Quote:
Lol NO not BMW. And there is no recall for the whole motor, unless you are under their warranty and miles. But what I've heard and researched it came up like BMW dealers will always push you past that 5 years 60,000 miles and they don't have to worry about it.

I'm second owner and around 77k miles and I've aftermarket warranty. Aftermarket warranty is paying for, but only $17,000. The Aftermarket Warranty decides the value on the basis of Wholesale Market Resale Value of the Car the day claim was opened. So basically out of my pocket I owe them extras and taxes. Out of my pocket will be around $2400. This dealer is greedy man.... Let me give you an example -

I requested them to replace Coolant Vent Line, Turbo Oil Return Line and all related Gaskets and Gasket Ring rather then using old ones....

So my advisor called my and came up with magic numbers for parts. Here it goes -

Coolant Vent Line and o-rings - $463 +taxes

Turbo Oil Return Line and all related Gaskets and Gasket Ring - $485 +taxes.

I was like ok, don't worry about it. Do it as tech says, if he confident then go with the old ones....

So I went ahead and inquired with out of province BMW dealer they gave parts quote with free shipping. Here it goes -

Coolant Vent Line and o-rings - $130.90 +taxes

Turbo Oil Return Line and all related Gaskets and Gasket Ring - $350 +taxes.

Anyways, I'll install myself when I get the car back and possibly reporting them to BMW Canada HQs....

Only thing I'm worried about is I won't have anything to lean on cause my aftermarket warranty is exhausted now....

Mind you I'm getting 2 years unlimited miles BMW Warranty (the parts they install now). But wondering if I've to pay labour when I go in for repair under BMW Warranty?
One of my friends who used to work at a MB dealer said they jacked the price up sky high when they knew it was warranty work, so that they can collect as much as humanely possible.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #40
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

In the U.S., based on that mileage, I think they would cover at least 55% for the short block. It doesn't matter if you're the 1st or 5th owner. I'm not sure how parts add up to over $9k when the short block is just over $3k and they transfer over most other parts which are not part of the short block.

Someone is definitely getting paid!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 06:54 PM   #41
Kishan
Canada
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
If it's out of his pocket, that car would have been considered mechanically totaled.

One of my friends who used to work at a MB dealer said they jacked the price up sky high when they knew it was warranty work, so that they can collect as much as humanely possible.
That's not good. I think they inflate the parts price too.

The vent line is actually $130 but jumps up to $463 that's 3.5 time inflation.

The Turbo Return Line is actually $350 but jumps up to $485 that's 1.3 time inflation.

And I'm told we are not going to charge you for labour, after inflating 2 times the actual price overall.

Ohh and funny thing they wanted me to pay $399 package for the spark plug replacement. I'm like NO WAY! I need new spark plugs but I'm just paying for parts, which is around max $28/spark plug, lol. The labour is already paid for $6,700.

Think about it, what if I had zero knowledge of the car? How much money they would have made off of me?

Man, I'm not going to let them get away that easy and give them whatever amount they ask for. It will be tough fight for me but they will get it what they deserve....
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:01 PM   #42
Kishan
Canada
Rep

Cool

Quote:
In the U.S., based on that mileage, I think they would cover at least 55% for the short block. It doesn't matter if you're the 1st or 5th owner. I'm not sure how parts add up to over $9k when the short block is just over $3k and they transfer over most other parts which are not part of the short block.

Someone is definitely getting paid!
You are right! I'm aware about that campaign in U.S. In the email with the warranty company my service advisor mentioned that "she has checked the database and there is no campaign related to this issue".

They said there is no core charge, but my research shows that on Brand New Block there is $1000 core charge and on rebuilt Block there is $2400 core charge (all U.S. $)

Ah well, I'll have to talk to service manager about that....
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #43
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yeah, I think they are trying to take you for a ride just because they can. If they already have to move spark plugs from one to the other, and you want them to install new ones if you pay for parts, I don't see a reason why you would get charged labor for that as they are already doing the work.

Maybe you should talk to a lawyer and their attitude may change...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 09:28 PM   #44
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
That's not good. I think they inflate the parts price too.

The vent line is actually $130 but jumps up to $463 that's 3.5 time inflation.

The Turbo Return Line is actually $350 but jumps up to $485 that's 1.3 time inflation.

And I'm told we are not going to charge you for labour, after inflating 2 times the actual price overall.

Ohh and funny thing they wanted me to pay $399 package for the spark plug replacement. I'm like NO WAY! I need new spark plugs but I'm just paying for parts, which is around max $28/spark plug, lol. The labour is already paid for $6,700.

Think about it, what if I had zero knowledge of the car? How much money they would have made off of me?

Man, I'm not going to let them get away that easy and give them whatever amount they ask for. It will be tough fight for me but they will get it what they deserve....
I think you just found out why we call them stealerships
Appreciate 0