2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bimmertech Amp Review
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2016, 02:18 AM   #23
fung0001
First Lieutenant
15
Rep
359
Posts

Drives: f10 2013 520i Hartge Tuning
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: hk

iTrader: (0)

Is logic 7 good?
Garage in hk can retrofit at a cost of HK$1x,xxx for just installation & amp & wiring...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 11:16 PM   #24
535d1420
Private
7
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 535d
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

So, I installed the Bimmertech amp with the bavsound stage 1 speakers and the underseat woofers. I am hearing more sound out of the center channel and feel like the speakers cannot handle the amp at 90% of the volume. I start hearing some "wave-like" sounds which makes me push the volume down. I'm sure i need to tweek the settings a little but have you noticed this also?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 08:13 AM   #25
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
8485
Rep
14,443
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535d1420 View Post
So, I installed the Bimmertech amp with the bavsound stage 1 speakers and the underseat woofers. I am hearing more sound out of the center channel and feel like the speakers cannot handle the amp at 90% of the volume. I start hearing some "wave-like" sounds which makes me push the volume down. I'm sure i need to tweek the settings a little but have you noticed this also?

Thanks!
Did Nelson give you a preset file for the Bav's cause if he did you shouldn't have any issues unless by chance you might have an install issue?
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 08:15 AM   #26
535d1420
Private
7
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 535d
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Not sure if it was preinstalled on the amp. Ill wait for his response. Do i have to take the car apart again to load the file?!? Its like i hear fluttering at high volumes
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 08:20 AM   #27
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
8485
Rep
14,443
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535d1420 View Post
Not sure if it was preinstalled on the amp. Ill wait for his response. Do i have to take the car apart again to load the file?!? Its like i hear fluttering at high volumes
It's all done via labtop to the amp. From what I've seen there's no preset files as you have to go in and set you EQ points unless Nelson had created a Bav file from which I thought from another post he did but I maybe wrong? I guess you'll have to wait for him to get back to you.
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2016, 09:01 AM   #28
535d1420
Private
7
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 535d
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Okay cool. Thanks for the info. Ill wait for him to reply before i go back in. Anyone leave the usb plugged into the amp and keep the plug visible to prevent opening trunk back up? Also, is there a tutorial on how to load and store the files he gives you? I hope i can blast it without this fluttering and get harder bass! I have a lot of questions sorry ive never done this type of mod
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #29
535d1420
Private
7
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 535d
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone have a file with the bimmertech amp powering bavsound speakers and subs?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 04:54 PM   #30
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
8485
Rep
14,443
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535d1420 View Post
Okay cool. Thanks for the info. Ill wait for him to reply before i go back in. Anyone leave the usb plugged into the amp and keep the plug visible to prevent opening trunk back up? Also, is there a tutorial on how to load and store the files he gives you? I hope i can blast it without this fluttering and get harder bass! I have a lot of questions sorry ive never done this type of mod
there's a couple of guys who said they left the USB plugged in that way they can always plug their labtop in. i know i read somewhere someone had Nelson preset some files for the Bav's but i forgot if it was here or on a different BMW forum? i'll have to look again
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #31
535d1420
Private
7
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 535d
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Ok cool. Is anyone else getting this fluttering? Seems like the subs at volumes of 75 percent or more. Sounds pretty horrible right now. Its when i have the balance and fader dead center. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2016, 11:11 PM   #32
Jcbama85
Second Lieutenant
Jcbama85's Avatar
United_States
114
Rep
258
Posts

Drives: 2013 528i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Katy, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535d1420 View Post
Ok cool. Is anyone else getting this fluttering? Seems like the subs at volumes of 75 percent or more. Sounds pretty horrible right now. Its when i have the balance and fader dead center. [IMG][/IMG]
In my case I've moved the bass left of center with treble just to the left of what you have and it sounds great.
__________________
2013 528i Silver with Black interior "Tallulah"
Black Kidney Grills
Bavsound Stage 1 upgrade
BimmerTech Amp
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #33
2016BlkBimmer
Enlisted Member
United_States
9
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: 2016 JET BLACK 535i xDrive
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: DMV (Maryland)

iTrader: (0)

Can I get in on the group buy?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 12:49 AM   #34
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
8485
Rep
14,443
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016BlkBimmer View Post
Can I get in on the group buy?
send Nelson a PM. i don't know if the group by is still going on since it's been awhile?
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 08:30 AM   #35
rji2goleez
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535d1420 View Post
Ok cool. Is anyone else getting this fluttering? Seems like the subs at volumes of 75 percent or more. Sounds pretty horrible right now. Its when i have the balance and fader dead center. [IMG][/IMG]
BTW - I was pretty sure that the Bavsound/bimmertech guys recommended keeping the tone adjustments flat and doing the adjusts in the amp.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 09:03 AM   #36
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
8485
Rep
14,443
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbama85 View Post
.
Have you decided since you now have the amp if you plan on running subs in the back or even this? thinking this would be great since i don't wanna lose any trunk space. probably with a single JL10W6 or even a 10W3 would be perfect instead on 2 12 JL's in a sealed box pressed up against the back seat? $400 bucks for this


__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #37
sonnenschein3000
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
9
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2015 M5 (F10 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
No they don't. We're working with a F10 owner to create an install guide. We only have 1 tune right now which was made with the OEM speakers. We're still trying to find a local F10 with Bavsound to create one for it.
Wait hang on, do you mean to say that your amp works well with the OE speakers?

Does it make much sound difference to the OE speakers? If its a more powerful amp, won't it just burn the OE speakers out? They already distort under high volume.

Sorry for the layman questions, I'm not a speaker expert lol
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 08:19 AM   #38
galx999
Private
galx999's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: F10 535XI M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydude959 View Post
Wait hang on, do you mean to say that your amp works well with the OE speakers?

Does it make much sound difference to the OE speakers? If its a more powerful amp, won't it just burn the OE speakers out? They already distort under high volume.

Sorry for the layman questions, I'm not a speaker expert lol
It does make a difference due to the amp sending out cleaner, higher quality signals. The oem hifi speakers are of decent quality so this works. If you keep your volume in check, it should last.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 12:39 PM   #39
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
8485
Rep
14,443
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcix View Post
It does make a difference due to the amp sending out cleaner, higher quality signals. The oem hifi speakers are of decent quality so this works. If you keep your volume in check, it should last.
true but did you see how puny those magnets are on the back of the speakers?! especially how the cones are made out of cheap paper! i would think you could push them but eventually it'll have that tearing sound like on my driver's door speaker...so annoying!
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #40
WyGoSlw
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 535 xi
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Any partial upgrades to the factory system will be a blessing and a curse. If you want my opinion, do the transducers first (all of them as a kit) from BavSound and then do the Amp.
If you do one and not the other, especially if you do the Amp first, you will hear that weakest part of the system. There are no shortcuts. You replace the drivers, you need to add power. You add power, you must replace the drivers to reproduce that fidelity and to give you more sound pressure.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 07:28 PM   #41
WyGoSlw
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 535 xi
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Oh, and for the record, Nelson,

Your tune is still the best out there. Even with a replacement kit speaker system that I installed after the PP82DSP. The upgraded speaker system has ALL the drivers replaced and your PP82DSP amp preloaded with the factory tune is by far superior to the speaker manufacturer's tune.

I wanted to give the speaker manufacturer a shot with their tune and after loading that tune on the ATF DSP Tool, the EQ curve on all channels were very generic in nature. Not at all what I expected from a sound spectrum analysis. The EQ curve was very broad and not really conforming to any target frequency regardless of the channel I was looking at. Your tune on the other hand was very specific and specific frequencies were targeted to minimize unwanted peaks within the sound spectrum. After doing an A-B comparison of both tunes, there was no question as to which tune I was leaving in the DSP. I will wait to see if you analyze an additional F-10 with the complete speaker upgrade so I can try that tune. For now, I'm very happy with what is loaded as a factory tune. Very little editing was done on the factory tune and I'm a very happy camper.
Sounds incredible.

p.s. Just to be fair, I'm not at all bashing on the speaker upgrade kit. The drivers sounds excellent as a kit, coupled with this amp it is simply music to the ears. Just their so called "custom tune" fell a little short IMO.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #42
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
575
Rep
2,013
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Warsaw/Poland

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyGoSlw View Post
Oh, and for the record, Nelson,

Your tune is still the best out there. Even with a replacement kit speaker system that I installed after the PP82DSP. The upgraded speaker system has ALL the drivers replaced and your PP82DSP amp preloaded with the factory tune is by far superior to the speaker manufacturer's tune.

I wanted to give the speaker manufacturer a shot with their tune and after loading that tune on the ATF DSP Tool, the EQ curve on all channels were very generic in nature. Not at all what I expected from a sound spectrum analysis. The EQ curve was very broad and not really conforming to any target frequency regardless of the channel I was looking at. Your tune on the other hand was very specific and specific frequencies were targeted to minimize unwanted peaks within the sound spectrum. After doing an A-B comparison of both tunes, there was no question as to which tune I was leaving in the DSP. I will wait to see if you analyze an additional F-10 with the complete speaker upgrade so I can try that tune. For now, I'm very happy with what is loaded as a factory tune. Very little editing was done on the factory tune and I'm a very happy camper.
Sounds incredible.

p.s. Just to be fair, I'm not at all bashing on the speaker upgrade kit. The drivers sounds excellent as a kit, coupled with this amp it is simply music to the ears. Just their so called "custom tune" fell a little short IMO.
I can't agree more

Thank you for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:15 AM   #43
wajafeperez
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: Bmw f10 535i xi 2012
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bronx,NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535d1420 View Post
Does anyone have a video or detailed install guide? If i buy the amp from bavsound do they have any instructions and does it come preset with the F10 specs?

Thanks!
No they don't. We're working with a F10 owner to create an install guide. We only have 1 tune right now which was made with the OEM speakers. We're still trying to find a local F10 with Bavsound to create one for it.
Im able to do it i have the f10 the speakers and the amp im in the bronx ny hit me up.
__________________
Warmy
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST