2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum headlight auto level startup test - one side slower

07-19-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
j0nblayz
Private
Rep
Drives: f10 535i xdrive

headlight auto level startup test - one side slower

hey guys, my CPO will be coming to an end in about 2 weeks, trying to get all issues resolved before then. Wanted to to see if this was normal or not, when I startup my car, the headlights do up/down auto level test. Which you can see if you are parked front of a wall. All my previous cars, the lights on both sides always went up and down at same time, however I notice on my 535 that the passenger side is way slower, the driver side will be done testing while my right side is still going up. Anyone seen this issue? im bringing in my car next week, but wanted to get a sense if this was a known issue or if it was normal.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nblayz View Post
hey guys, my CPO will be coming to an end in about 2 weeks, trying to get all issues resolved before then. Wanted to to see if this was normal or not, when I startup my car, the headlights do up/down auto level test. Which you can see if you are parked front of a wall. All my previous cars, the lights on both sides always went up and down at same time, however I notice on my 535 that the passenger side is way slower, the driver side will be done testing while my right side is still going up. Anyone seen this issue? im bringing in my car next week, but wanted to get a sense if this was a known issue or if it was normal.
I'm pretty sure the headlights on both of our 535's rise simultaneously. Sounds like a lazy motor to me.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
paul223
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

My car's headlights timing are different from each other since new.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 03:29 PM   #4
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

Mine are also different from eachother since new and had her 5 years already
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 09:11 PM   #5
Cvx5832
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘15 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nblayz View Post
We had an E90 do that since new. BMW didn’t think it was a problem (BS in my opinion) but at least it didn’t get worse throughout the ownership of the car.

That said, our 16-yr old E46 and now the F10 don’t have that problem.

Appreciate 0