2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Purchased Meisterschaft GTC Exhaust from member WhiteWalker - received it defective
Closed Thread

02-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #23
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
Trust me, I wanted to pick up the exhaust in person.

However WhiteWalker (will not use his real name for the time being), did not want me to pick it up locally as he stated that he was always either "out of town on a trip" or he did not have the time for someone to come pick it up locally from him.

This was all a red flag to me from the get go, but I took his word that everything was 100% in working condition and without any major damage.
Well, ignoring red flags clearly was a mistake, we all want an item badly sometimes, lesson learned.
Not something you want to hear I'm sure, but seeing the damage and then proceeding to paint the tips puts you in a bit of awkward situation too.

Hope you guys work it out and everybody walks away satisfied, good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #24
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i MSport CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
Well, ignoring red flags clearly was a mistake, we all want an item badly sometimes, lesson learned.
Not something you want to hear I'm sure, but seeing the damage and then proceeding to paint the tips puts you in a bit of awkward situation too.

Hope you guys work it out and everybody walks away satisfied, good luck.
Yes, I can admit that I made the mistake of buying from him. I shouldn't have, but hindsight is 20/20.

I didn't know the EV's had damage to them before I painted the tips. The damage was discovered by my shop AFTER the tips were painted black and when the exhaust was being installed on the car.

The only damage that I knew of right off the bat, was the spliced wire when I opened that package. The seller covered the replacement for that (albeit after going back and forth for a bit), however the EV is the issue that he won't resolve.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 11:03 AM   #25
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

I would take his a$$ to court
      02-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #26
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
I would take his a$$ to court
I will be taking him to court if he doesn't do the right thing and pay me $803.48 that it will cost, I have the estimate from the shop.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 02:25 PM   #27
BMWisFRIEND
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 BMW M550i

Best. Lunch. Read. Ever.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #28
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Quote:
I will be taking him to court if he doesn't do the right thing and pay me $803.48 that it will cost, I have the estimate from the shop.
Need make example of people like this they think they can get away with shit like this. As long as you are inside borders of USA you can be found and taken to Court. Make sure he pays for all of your time and effort
Wish you luck
      02-15-2017, 03:58 PM   #29
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
Need make example of people like this they think they can get away with shit like this. As long as you are inside borders of USA you can be found and taken to Court. Make sure he pays for all of your time and effort
Wish you luck
No one likes being taken advantage of. I just wanted an easy and pleasant transaction.
Appreciate 2
      02-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #30
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

One of the reasons it's hard to buy from the MarketPlace here. So far I purchased 3 items... 1 was shipped and the other 2 I picked up! So I've been lucky! I actually drove from Ohio to New Jersey to pick up the MTech rear bumper and the EV Meisterschaft exhaust.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 06:04 AM   #31
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

I hate to say it - but you opened the package, saw an issue and proceeded to modify (paint) the part a different color. Should have probably not touched anything until the issue was resolved.

Not sure if something like this could be damaged during shipping, but I probably wouldn't have accepted it back either if I was the seller. Let's put it this way - would you buy new tips and install them if he said he'll take it back the way you received it?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #32
S1ammin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
I hate to say it - but you opened the package, saw an issue and proceeded to modify (paint) the part a different color. Should have probably not touched anything until the issue was resolved.

Not sure if something like this could be damaged during shipping, but I probably wouldn't have accepted it back either if I was the seller. Let's put it this way - would you buy new tips and install them if he said he'll take it back the way you received it?
I think the OP's point is, he was just plainly ripped off. Ripping people off because you can does not make it right, under no circumstances.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #33
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ammin View Post
I think the OP's point is, he was just plainly ripped off. Ripping people off because you can does not make it right, under no circumstances.
I consider being "plainly ripped off" ordering an exhaust and getting bricks instead.

Like I said, I feel for the OP, but this situation could have been handled much better - starting with not painting the parts that he wasn't satisfied with and filing a claim right away.

Again, would the OP consider buying new tips and returning the exhaust the way he received it for a full refund?
Appreciate 2
S1ammin44.00
AWF87M2826.50
      02-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #34
S1ammin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i MSport

I bet the seller would not accept the system back, no matter what.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #35
krautmeister
krrrraaauuuuut
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X Drive M-Sport

Garage List
G12 750i  [0.00]
Quote:
Agreed, not sure why he just doesn't do the right thing. He simply can put this all behind him and he would never hear from me again.

He actually drives an M6, according to his avatar, so maybe $803.48 is a life changing amount for him.

However, like I stated, he will spend more time and energy which will cost him more than that in the long run.

He picked the wrong person to do this to, as I will not let this go and will spend many thousands more out of principle to show him that type of person that I am. He has no idea what he got himself into.
I would say the small claims court may have some disdain that 2 BMW guys are duking it out over hundreds of dollars, but I agree with you, principle is principle.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 05:44 PM   #36
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post

I notified the seller of the spliced wire issue RIGHT AWAY and sent him pictures and he told me that he would cover the spliced wire issue after some back and forth (he initially refused). So that is why I proceeded to paint the tips black and install the exhaust. When I went to do that, the other issue was then discovered by my shop that the valves were corroded and inoperable.

Only 2 of the tips can be purchased, the other 2 are not able to be removed as they are welded on from the manufacturer. Even if I was able to get brand new tips, it would cost me additional labor expenses to take the system off of my car. This is not wheels that you can just take off in 20min.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #37
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautmeister View Post
I would say the small claims court may have some disdain that 2 BMW guys are duking it out over hundreds of dollars, but I agree with you, principle is principle.
A judge would see the facts that I was sold a malfunctioning system.

Again, I am just trying to be reasonable with the seller first, however if he doesn't man up and do the right thing and take responsibility for selling me something other than what I paid him for then I will proceed with taking him to court.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #38
AZ-MCRacer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 M4, 2013 F10 N55

In court you have to prove not only that the part is defective, but he knowingly sold you a defective part. The splice isn't much of a big deal, if he says he thought they worked fine, you saw the pictures and proceeded with the purchase, you won't get anything. Sometimes it can be a costly mistake, but that is a risk of purchasing a used part without testing it first.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #39
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-MCRacer View Post
In court you have to prove not only that the part is defective, but he knowingly sold you a defective part. The splice isn't much of a big deal, if he says he thought they worked fine, you saw the pictures and proceeded with the purchase, you won't get anything. Sometimes it can be a costly mistake, but that is a risk of purchasing a used part without testing it first.
I disagree, but thanks for the input.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #40
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Here is the other side of the store from the seller:
http://www.6post.com/forums/showpost...3&postcount=19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWalker View Post
Everyone should know we have submitted all emails and texts to the PayPal dispute team as buyer opened (2) claims for one problem.

He was able to do so because he split the payment to purchase the exhaust, he then tried to leverage two separate claims to collect the same amount.

Additionally he has a chargeback filed with his card issuer which have kept half the funds on hold since November.

The buyer lost the claim, both claims with PayPal. This is a last ditch effort and smear campaign. As stated my buyer/seller rating are flawless.

The buyer also doesn't report how he already tricked me out of $200 to replace the valve wires he sliced when unboxing the exhaust, fed ex that cost me $400+ to pack, send and insure for the full purchase price.

The pictures I took prior to sending clearly show the wires in tact, perfect, just as the unit was.

Throughout the PayPal claims process I asked him to provide a photo of the valve wire repair or invoice for the part my $200 went to also validate any further issues he was claiming to have. He didn't!

He had multiple multiple opportunities to pack up the exhaust and send it back, all orchestrated by PayPal. He didn't!

Why?---He took the exhaust- custom painted the tips black, installed it, and has been driving with it since November. Let me just repeat for everyone, I still have $900+ outstanding in paypal control to this day.

I am always open to assisting any situation where the issue is legitimate and everyone is honest and has good intentions.

I was suspicious of the "cut wire", I paid you.

I sent 4 remotes you claimed to get 2. Again I was suspicious but I sent you two more remotes .

I was always courteous and responsive to you but when you went behind my back and figured out a way to leverage your split payment into an additional fake 2nd claim for the same amount-- same issue, you sir, showed your character and I saw your intentions clearly then.

I have no trust in you or anything you say. If there had been a point in time where you had somehow convinced me to give you more money, all that went out the window when you made your choices on how to handle this matter overall and multiple attempts to play the system.

You were so confident that PayPal was going to find in your favor, reiterated that to me so many times. You put me in a position needlessly with your 2nd fake claim where my account was -$2000 days before Christmas. I did everything short of begging you to close the second false claim you admitted you knew was wrong(documented).

I told you very clearly I would no longer deal with you directly and you practically dared me to let PayPal make their decision. I did.

Your effort to disparage my character and commerce reputation will have no impact on me conducting business and relationships moving forward.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:37 PM   #41
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

If the wires were spliced, and you paid to have them professionally repaired, the technician would then have identified that the e-valves were inoperable. I know because I am a technician and that would fall into the QC process. QTP motors contain a very simple circuit which leads to my misunderstanding of how fixing a splice should cost anywhere near $200.

This whole thing seems fishy. You had many opportunities to ship the item back for your refund with PayPal as the mediator. His word proves you are just as shady. You can't have the money and the exhaust.

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 02-16-2017 at 11:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:48 PM   #42
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Wow!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
S1ammin44.00
      02-17-2017, 06:11 AM   #43
WTFBRUHM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i & F80 m3 on order

Honestly I'm tired of seeing this thread keep popping up... I'm going to tag a mod so hopefully they close it. Dackelone
Appreciate 5
      02-17-2017, 06:14 AM   #44
AWF87M2
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

agreed! This is one of the he said she said rant... Plus there is always two sides to every story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFBRUHM3 View Post
Honestly I'm tired of seeing this thread keep popping up... I'm going to tag a mod so hopefully they close it. Dackelone
Appreciate 3
Closed Thread