2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Easy Entry/Exit Issues

07-21-2023, 01:08 AM   #1
Chirho1987
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i M Sport

Easy Entry/Exit Issues

The other day, I wanted to change the distance my driver seat went back when I opened the door from 50mm to 80mm, just a little more room to get in.

As I was flashing with Bimmercode, the car started to go to sleep since I forgot to buckle my seatbelt to keep it awake. Immediately got the error message for the seat positioning recalibration. I turned off the car completely and unplugged everything. I then started the car up and was able to go through the seat reset calibration and everything seemed fine.

Now my steering wheel will still go up and down as it did before but my seat will no longer move its spot when I open and shut the door.

I have looked up and tried multiple different ways to try and get the easy entry to reengage but no luck.

Also when I use Bimmercode to maybe try and re code it, It does not let me deactivate it. Only thing I can change is the distance the seat moves (even though it doesn't). I don't even get an option to make it not active.

I have not attempted to try and go to expert mode and try anything that way because I don't want to mess up the ECU module completely.

Any advice? I know there are more important things in the world to fix on my car but I honestly really miss the fact that my seat would move back for me when I get in and push me up to the steering wheel when I start the car lol.
Appreciate 0