2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Replacing AFS Headlights with non AFS

05-30-2023, 11:41 AM   #1
Quiet Clutch
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i xDrive (F10)

Replacing AFS Headlights with non AFS

Hello, I have a 2014 535 x drive and it came with xenon adaptive headlights. Started getting adaptive headlight malfunction so I bought a new module. Turns out the connection in the housing was also corroded. Saw a great deal on 2 non AFS xenon headlights. Was wondering after I code out adaptive headlights, will the new headlights basically be plug and play? Or will I require more additional coding. I’m reusing the same module on my passenger side, but bought a new module for the drivers side due to old one being corroded.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 08:39 AM   #2
Leozao
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 5' F10 LCI

You Will need to remove 524 from FA and code FRM and Kombi in E-Sys. I think it should do the trick. Its not easy to do it in Bimmercode because of all the parameters that need to be changed (most of the parameters have not yet been discovered) so its better to do it with Esys.
Appreciate 0