2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Side mirrors not folding when locked

01-10-2021, 11:39 AM   #1
HUBSonDUBS
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i

Side mirrors not folding when locked

I have a 2016 f10 and when in BimmerCodes I’ve activated both the folding mirror options (2 of 2) but still can’t get my mirrors to fold when locked. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by HUBSonDUBS; 01-10-2021 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #2
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBSonDUBS View Post
I have a 2016 f10 and when in BimmerCodes I’ve activated both the folding mirror options (2 of 2) but still can’t get my mirrors to fold when locked. What am I doing wrong?
Hold the lock button a second longer. Dont just click it.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2021, 12:39 PM   #3
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

I have the same car like yours and that was the FIRST thing I ever coded. It has worked from day one. I initially used Bimmercode as you did (I now mainly use Carly for the built-in codes because it's faster, and Bimmercode for expert mode stuff).

Something I did notice on our cars with this code set to fold, is that when locking with the remote, I have to hold the lock button half a second longer than just a quick press (and I do mean half a second, don't need to really "hold it", per se), otherwise the mirrors sometimes don't fold. I don't know if that could be what you're experiencing.

Otherwise, I would revert your coding via Bimmercode backup, let the car systems go to sleep, and retry the coding. It really should be one of the easiest and most consistently working coding options out there for our cars, I'm sorry you're having trouble.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #4
HUBSonDUBS
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i

I feel dumb thanks that worked
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2021, 02:04 PM   #5
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep

I felt the same exact way when I first coded my mirrors.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 11:00 PM   #6
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10c550i View Post
Hold the lock button a second longer. Dont just click it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBSonDUBS View Post
I feel dumb thanks that worked
Quote:
I felt the same exact way when I first coded my mirrors.
You can also code the duration; I coded no delay. It's a wert change, but I don't remember the value.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2021, 04:23 PM   #7
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep

I dont have anyway of changing the values. That isn't something bimmercode is capable of is it?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 04:58 PM   #8
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I dont have anyway of changing the values. That isn't something bimmercode is capable of is it?
I don't remember. Maybe in "expert mode."
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 01:52 AM   #9
a.szczygiel
Registered
Rep

Hi guys, I know this is old topic but have now f10 and also using bimmercode with vgate. I did not have any issues with changing back light or demo etc but with the mirrors I want them to close after one click on fob not holding the button is it possible? I have both options active and have change the were for 00 but anyway you have to hold Botton for a two sec.... Please help as I am newbie in this
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #10
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.szczygiel View Post
Hi guys, I know this is old topic but have now f10 and also using bimmercode with vgate. I did not have any issues with changing back light or demo etc but with the mirrors I want them to close after one click on fob not holding the button is it possible? I have both options active and have change the were for 00 but anyway you have to hold Botton for a two sec.... Please help as I am newbie in this
The length of delay is a wert value; you'll need to go into expert mode to change the wert value. I don't remember what it is for zero delay.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 07:15 PM   #11
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

They go through the wert values that you guys were looking for in the following thread. I will be trying this later today.

Someone on the thread did mention that setting it to zero (ie, no delay) made their windows not close at all. So we may have to play with it a bit to get it to work. Make sure to revert to a good backup each time something doesn't behave the way it's supposed to, and then start again from that point...imo anyway.

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1532474

For the lazy amongst us:

Code:
NO DELAY:
CAS->3003 FH MASTER->KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN->Werte=00

1/4 Second Delay:
CAS->3003 FH MASTER->KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN->Werte=02
EDIT: Upon checking these settings in my car, all the values were already as described (the werte value for the delay was at 00 already as well).

Last edited by EvntHrzn; 02-21-2021 at 08:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 12:13 AM   #12
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

IIRC there's a downside to zero delay, but I forgot the specifics. I have mine set to 1 second.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 04:02 AM   #13
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
IIRC there's a downside to zero delay, but I forgot the specifics. I have mine set to 1 second.
I'd be curious to know what the downside is. This was the first thing I coded over a year ago and I have yet to find a downside. The mirrors close when I lock the car, and open when I unlock...both via the key and comfort close. Pretty much what it's meant to do.

On the other hand, I do know of a downside to setting the SUNROOF to zero delay. For example, when you want to close all the windows but leave the sunroof vented (if it was already when you left the car,) you wouldn't want it to be on the same timing as the windows (I have mine on a 3 second delay). Or vice versa: when you want to vent the windows, but may not want to vent the sunroof, the delay is good there too.

But for mirrors, I can't think of a scenario like that where I wouldn't want them to close or open immediately with lock/unlock.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 10:51 AM   #14
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvntHrzn View Post
I'd be curious to know what the downside is. This was the first thing I coded over a year ago and I have yet to find a downside. The mirrors close when I lock the car, and open when I unlock...both via the key and comfort close. Pretty much what it's meant to do.

On the other hand, I do know of a downside to setting the SUNROOF to zero delay. For example, when you want to close all the windows but leave the sunroof vented (if it was already when you left the car,) you wouldn't want it to be on the same timing as the windows (I have mine on a 3 second delay). Or vice versa: when you want to vent the windows, but may not want to vent the sunroof, the delay is good there too.

But for mirrors, I can't think of a scenario like that where I wouldn't want them to close or open immediately with lock/unlock.
I do believe the downside was the fact windows start going up immediately. If you can actually decouple the mirrors folding with the windows/sunroof closing, that's a whole different game. What codes did you change to decouple them?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 01:30 PM   #15
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I do believe the downside was the fact windows start going up immediately. If you can actually decouple the mirrors folding with the windows/sunroof closing, that's a whole different game. What codes did you change to decouple them?
I didn't have to use E-Sys or anything like that. When I first got into coding my car, I was only using Bimmercode and Carly at the time. And they both have user-level settings (non-expert) for the delays for the windows, sunroof, and mirrors, separately.

So perhaps I was spoiled by that experience and didn't know that people have experienced problems with setting custom timings for those things, I don't know.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 07:00 PM   #16
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvntHrzn View Post

I figured it out. The mirrors and front windows always close at whatever time the comfort closing delay is set to. Separately, you can set a delay between front windows and rears (rears close x seconds after fronts start closing), as well as set a delay between front windows and the sunroof (same idea). For closing, AFAIK, there is no way to set delay between rear and sunroof, everything is run based off of the front window.

I was hoping you could completely decouple the front windows as well, but oh well.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 06:14 AM   #17
lifegoals.binil@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e M Sport 2018

Mirror not folding or unfolding automatically !

I recently bought a BMW 530e M sport 2018 model.

Both mirrors are not folding or unfolding automatically though i tried options within the infotynment system and using the key.

Any idea why i don't have an automatic mirror folding option !!!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 09:36 AM   #18
Double Nickel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F10  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifegoals.binil@gmail.com View Post
I recently bought a BMW 530e M sport 2018 model.

Both mirrors are not folding or unfolding automatically though i tried options within the infotynment system and using the key.

Any idea why i don't have an automatic mirror folding option !!!
You gonna have to code it in with Bimmercode or icarly or something.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 09:15 PM   #19
joako
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels, seats & trunk

Quote:
I figured it out. The mirrors and front windows always close at whatever time the comfort closing delay is set to. Separately, you can set a delay between front windows and rears (rears close x seconds after fronts start closing), as well as set a delay between front windows and the sunroof (same idea). For closing, AFAIK, there is no way to set delay between rear and sunroof, everything is run based off of the front window.

I was hoping you could completely decouple the front windows as well, but oh well.
What's the delay for the sunroof called?

It's annoying that mine slowly closes itself when I lock the car!
Appreciate 0