2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding F10 3AG Reverse camera retrofit and no image issue

08-02-2023, 07:28 AM   #1
gregol
Rep
Drives: F11 520d

F10 3AG Reverse camera retrofit and no image issue

I finally got around to retrofitting the reversing camera and unfortunately I failed.
It seemed a nightmare for me to drag the beam through the entire navigation car, but I managed it quite efficiently.

I added the 3AG option in ESYS and coded HU_CHAMP, PDC and TRSVC. TRSVC didn't have cafds and cafds had to be injected before it could be encoded. I also coded KOMBI and CAS, I don't know if it's necessary.

The camera option appeared when I put reverse, unfortunately there is no image and there is a message "reversing camera out of order".

I checked the Ista errors and two rear camera errors came out:
CA8C04 - Lin Bus. Rear view camera not resonating
800BAA - TRSVC. CVBS output, open circuit or not connected.

What could be the reason, whether coding or connections, or maybe a faulty module or camera. Camera and module are used. Hearness is new.

Everything was done according to the guide, only in the guide the bundle had navigation wires in white, red and silver (shield), and mine had yellow instead of red, and so I connected it, yellow to pin 21 FBAS +. Until in the evening I will pull out the radio and check the pins again if I have screwed something up. The fuse in slot 123 was already there.

I am afraid if the module is not whacked, because it is different with used parts.

Anyone able to identify what could be the cause based on the error codes?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 08:19 PM   #2
Trickd122
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 528 E39 ///M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregol View Post
I finally got around to retrofitting the reversing camera and unfortunately I failed.
It seemed a nightmare for me to drag the beam through the entire navigation car, but I managed it quite efficiently.

I added the 3AG option in ESYS and coded HU_CHAMP, PDC and TRSVC. TRSVC didn't have cafds and cafds had to be injected before it could be encoded. I also coded KOMBI and CAS, I don't know if it's necessary.

The camera option appeared when I put reverse, unfortunately there is no image and there is a message "reversing camera out of order".

I checked the Ista errors and two rear camera errors came out:
CA8C04 - Lin Bus. Rear view camera not resonating
800BAA - TRSVC. CVBS output, open circuit or not connected.

What could be the reason, whether coding or connections, or maybe a faulty module or camera. Camera and module are used. Hearness is new.

Everything was done according to the guide, only in the guide the bundle had navigation wires in white, red and silver (shield), and mine had yellow instead of red, and so I connected it, yellow to pin 21 FBAS +. Until in the evening I will pull out the radio and check the pins again if I have screwed something up. The fuse in slot 123 was already there.

I am afraid if the module is not whacked, because it is different with used parts.

Anyone able to identify what could be the cause based on the error codes?
I am attempting this very same feat difference is I compounded my issue by also adding an upgraded head unit. I few questions though
1. By injecting CADF to the TRSVC in esys are you referring to the detect and then the code button? If not how?
2. How did you go about coding the KOMBI and CAS? Do you mind posting the steps you took?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 07:08 AM   #3
gregol
Rep

I am also planning to replace the champ2 unit with a CIC but wanted to get the camera running first. I already bought the display. Some say that in order for the camera to work, I also need to replace the unit with a professional.
I also read that there are different versions of champ2 with and without rear view camera support, but I don't know if that's true.

1. Inject CAFD. If your ecu doesn't have cafd the coding option is inactive. You have to inject cafd to ecu.
ESYS coding section:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on desired TRSVC => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on TRSVC (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
2. I was coding KOMBI and CAD as VO CODE, but I don't know if it was necessary. Probably enough coding Head unit and TRSVC.

When I deal with it, I will be happy to make a small guide for now the camera does not work and I do not know what is the reason.

I think I will now replace the navigation with CIC and if it does not help, I will look for the cause. Another problem is the unknown condition of used parts. Something can always be broken, and buying new parts does not make economic sense.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 04:02 PM   #4
Trickd122
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 528 E39 ///M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregol View Post
I am also planning to replace the champ2 unit with a CIC but wanted to get the camera running first. I already bought the display. Some say that in order for the camera to work, I also need to replace the unit with a professional.
I also read that there are different versions of champ2 with and without rear view camera support, but I don't know if that's true.

1. Inject CAFD. If your ecu doesn't have cafd the coding option is inactive. You have to inject cafd to ecu.
ESYS coding section:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on desired TRSVC => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on TRSVC (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
2. I was coding KOMBI and CAD as VO CODE, but I don't know if it was necessary. Probably enough coding Head unit and TRSVC.

When I deal with it, I will be happy to make a small guide for now the camera does not work and I do not know what is the reason.

I think I will now replace the navigation with CIC and if it does not help, I will look for the cause. Another problem is the unknown condition of used parts. Something can always be broken, and buying new parts does not make economic sense.

When I do exactly that I get VCM will not be updated C207. What version of Esys are you using and is that with launcher?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 05:39 AM   #5
gregol
Rep

I don't know what version, I have to check, for sure with the launcher.
I also upgraded to CIC because my champ2 doesn't seem to support the camera.
I still have a problem with changing the idrive language, and then the FSC codes remain.
Appreciate 0