2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Drivetrain Malfunction

01-18-2024, 03:44 PM   #1
brunost
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 (520D)

Drivetrain Malfunction

Ok guys. So i have a BMW 520D (F10). Been struggling with the drivetrain malfunction for over a year. The car goes in to limp mode and does not want to accelerate, and the Drivetrain malfunction error message pops up. Just listing the events in order.

1. The Diesel-particle filter got clogged and "exploded" the tube for the turbo.
2. The "insides" of the DPF was then removed, so the car could breathe better.
3. A tuning company removed the DPF and EGR in software, hoping it would fix the problem (and they replaced the previous chiptune with a new one).
4. Driving for a while, and the the fuel- and oil consumption skyrocketed, and the problem was still there.
5. Now i have replaced the turbo, and the car is slightly better. The error message still does come up, but it is very random of how much power i get from the car.

Sometimes the chiptune kicks in, sometimes in limp mode, and sometimes just the cars' original power.

Did you guys get this error message, and what was your experience?
Appreciate 0