2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs eBay taillights?
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-03-2017, 05:36 AM   #1
Lowkey F10
Private
Lowkey F10's Avatar
15
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: 2011 550i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

eBay taillights?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-201...75&_mwBanner=1

Anyone seen these or purchased them? Think they give an aggressive look but unsure how I feel about eBay products
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
417
Rep
1,708
Posts

Drives: 2014 535i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowkey F10 View Post
https://m.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-201...75&_mwBanner=1

Anyone seen these or purchased them? Think they give an aggressive look but unsure how I feel about eBay products
Don't know about the quality, but I think they would look really nice, depending on the color of your car. White, yup. Red, not so much... I've toyed with the getting those for my wife's Dark Graphite II but I'm just not sure how they'd look.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 05:20 PM   #3
Lowkey F10
Private
Lowkey F10's Avatar
15
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: 2011 550i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Don't know about the quality, but I think they would look really nice, depending on the color of your car. White, yup. Red, not so much... I've toyed with the getting those for my wife's Dark Graphite II but I'm just not sure how they'd look.
Yeah i think itd only really look nice on white and black. I have a black f10, but Im wondering of the quality of them before I pull the trigger haha
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Simple3
Major
170
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: f10 550i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

If they're the DEPO brand then they're good to go. I have a set sitting in my closet that I'm going to put some Lamin-X on before I install.

The only complaint ive heard of is that the light bars are slightly dimmer than oem but you will never know the difference unless you have 2 cars side by side in pitch dark.

My advice? You like em? Buy em!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
Lowkey F10
Private
Lowkey F10's Avatar
15
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: 2011 550i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple3 View Post
If they're the DEPO brand then they're good to go. I have a set sitting in my closet that I'm going to put some Lamin-X on before I install.

The only complaint ive heard of is that the light bars are slightly dimmer than oem but you will never know the difference unless you have 2 cars side by side in pitch dark.

My advice? You like em? Buy em!
Im unsure if theyre the depo brand. Will these throw any codes though? And u think the bulbs will last?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 07:25 AM   #6
Simple3
Major
170
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: f10 550i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-11-13-...xUbY7Q&vxp=mtr

Here ya go.. DEPO has always been OEM quality so I wouldn't worry about longevity of the bulbs and no, no codes...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #7
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
234
Rep
3,469
Posts

Drives: F10 535i xDrive ZMM
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowkey F10 View Post
Im unsure if theyre the depo brand. Will these throw any codes though? And u think the bulbs will last?
If you are that worried about quality, stick with the OEM, thats what I would do

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Genuine...xrlLEA&vxp=mtr
__________________
Current: 2016 F10 535i xDrive AW w/ Black Dakota, ZMM, ZCW, ZDA, ZDB, ZPP, 688 & Black Grills + Euro Headlight Switch, Euro Tail Lights, Euro Side Mirrors, Euro Warning Triangle, Euro First Aid Kit, M5 Spoiler, M-Performance Style Front Lip
Retired: 2011 E92 M3 -AW....ED April 29th, 2010
Retired: 2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
sesh1957
Private
United_States
3
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: 2009 X6 35i, 2012 535i xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Haven, CT

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to sesh1957
I am going to try them, at $338 they are worth it, just got rear ended, one BMW tail light covers it. If the pictures come thru, $8K damage, and what it should look like, order the spoiler and roof spoiler.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #9
sesh1957
Private
United_States
3
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: 2009 X6 35i, 2012 535i xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Haven, CT

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to sesh1957
I was impressed with the 535, the car that hit me, a subcompact, hit me at 25 mph or so, was totaled. I drove home. It will need so minor frame pulls, complete bumper and trunk, but quarters are OK. No airbags deployed, just my headrest, they push out about 5" to prevent whiplash. It was a shame the car behind me could not stop as quickly.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #10
BMW Collector
Banned
14
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 535
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA

iTrader: (7)

I have these on my car and get a lot of complements. I like how they look at night cars color is titanium silver.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 03:11 PM   #11
Lowkey F10
Private
Lowkey F10's Avatar
15
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: 2011 550i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Collector View Post
I have these on my car and get a lot of complements. I like how they look at night cars color is titanium silver.
Got some pics? Were they the eBay ones?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 04:40 PM   #12
BMW Collector
Banned
14
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 535
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA

iTrader: (7)

Brought them from a member on here they are DEPO lights
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2017, 05:24 AM   #13
Kingmarkeith
Enlisted Member
Kingmarkeith's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 2011 f10 528i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Southend, Charlotte NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowkey F10 View Post
https://m.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-201...75&_mwBanner=1

Anyone seen these or purchased them? Think they give an aggressive look but unsure how I feel about eBay products
I bought these off ebay earlier this year for $350, depo brand, installed my self, took about 30 minutes. The right inner light does have moisture build up when it rains but other than that they have performed well and look awesome on black. I live in Charlotte NC and have not seen whitelines on any other car yet.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2017, 07:41 AM   #14
Lowkey F10
Private
Lowkey F10's Avatar
15
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: 2011 550i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmarkeith View Post
I bought these off ebay earlier this year for $350, depo brand, installed my self, took about 30 minutes. The right inner light does have moisture build up when it rains but other than that they have performed well and look awesome on black. I live in Charlotte NC and have not seen whitelines on any other car yet.
That does look awesome! Do u have any more pics??
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 09:59 PM   #15
sesh1957
Private
United_States
3
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: 2009 X6 35i, 2012 535i xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Haven, CT

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to sesh1957
These are the e-bay DEPO-OE-Style-Whiteline-Light-Bar-LED-Tail-Lights, Spoilers are also Ebay
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST