2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Rear LED G30 LCI Style Tail Lights

03-01-2022, 05:33 AM   #1
Flying_Squad
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 520D M Sport

Rear LED G30 LCI Style Tail Lights

Hi all, I came across these amazing looking LED tail lights from Ali Express.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...rch-mainSearch

Visually, I feel they're the best and most OEM looking taillight upgrade I've seen for the F10/F11 to date. They look as though they'd update the current outdated rear of the F10 and bring it inline with the current times and G30 LCI guise.

In fact, they look so good IMO, I'm surprised no one has mentioned them on here before, but perhaps there's a good reason for that...

I know that looks can be deceiving and you get what you pay for (excuse all the clichés) and there's no denying these are Chinese aftermarket lights.

However, does anyone have any experience with this manufacturer 'AKD' on Aliexpress and their products?

I must admit, the optional trunk light bar/strip does look good and gives the car a 7 series look.

Just wanted to post this out there and get some opinions before even considering buying.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 11:00 PM   #2
ceka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 530d 11'

The one with the light bar in the video is a 525Li, at the end there's a 523Li without the bar.

interested as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 05:56 PM   #3
CrippledLucifer
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 328i 6MT, '16 F10 535i

Garage List
2016 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Those look awful IMO and I fully suspect these will start giving issues just as soon as that 1 year warranty is up. I also don't understand why these aftermarket guys love to do the sequential indicators lol. Having a hard time believing those are "Made in Germany" as the pictures suggest too.

What do you guys not like about the OEM F10 tails though, I am genuinely curious. My only issue with them was the lack of an LED reverse light bulb but that was easily fixed with a simple LED bulb swap.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 04:22 AM   #4
Flying_Squad
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 520D M Sport

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that, I wouldn't say the look awful, especially compared to the other aftermarket lights I've seen for BMWs, most notably, the F30 3 series and those shocking GTS style OLED lights.

Looking at the cluster of these F10 G30 LCI lights alone, without even fitted to the car, they appear to have designed them visually very well to create that G30 LCI design, but just sculpted into the F10 cluster.

I do agree with you about the false advertising "Made in Germany" and the likelihood of these going kaput once the 1 year warranty is over. Seems a damn shame, I just wish there were more reputable aftermarket suppliers around that would work on such projects.

I don't think the OEM F10 rear lights are that bad, especially the LCI variant which I have. I just really like how the G30 LCI (and the aftermarket lights in question), have a nice 3D sculpted shape to them, as well as the black accents. As a result and in comparison, I feel they age the F10 rear lights IMO.

Also with these, I did try contact the seller to ask how the rear bar is installed, they seemed clueless and said they're "screwed" in place. No idea how that would work. Also, they said they don't come with any fitting instructions!
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2022, 07:56 AM   #5
Ol skool bmvee
Private
Rep
Drives: F10

Interesting looking, they dont look so bad in the pics. More often than not, its when you see them in real life where it becomes apparent.

I think they look cool But id rather keep the lci tails myself! Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0