2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding 2014 F10 Screen Upgrade

01-26-2021, 04:59 PM   #23
amaar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F10

pre lci screen resolution

Hi Guys

I have done something similar to my BMW F10 2010 pre LCI, and upgraded my small screen to a 10.25inch android screen and love it so far. But i am having issues in trying to code it to a full screen with bimmercode, i dont have the option: DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 10.25_1280x480. I believe this might be because of the car being pre-LCI.

Is there any other way to get this coded into my car?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 07:48 AM   #24
SLEYA
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d

Hi Guys,

I am trying to do something similar. I have BMW F10 2011 with the small 6.5 screen. I just installed an MMI box so now have CarPlay, which is awesome. When I took everything part I realised how easy it would be to just change the display unit. So, I bought a 10.25 in OEM BMW display unit and am trying to get it to work. I took out my 6.5 screen, and plugged in the 10.25 screen yesterday. It powers on fine, but shows 4 small versions of the idrive menu across the display. I did not think it would be possible to do this upgrade as I thought it was only possible with newer BMW's, but having checked on the realOEM website it looks like the 10.25 screen part number should be compatible (part number
65509241826(03/01/2011 — 09/13/2011), Bilaterally exchangeable). Is it just a case of re-coding? If so, how do I do that? My car runs the MOTION navigation so although its CIC iDrive I think its CHAMP 2 rather than NBT. The fact that the 10.25 screen powers on and is listed on real OEM as compatible makes me hopeful I can re-code the screen size etc, but from what I have seen posted online makes me think its not possible. Any ideas?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 07:07 AM   #25
Hasibjan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530d M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeky B View Post
Hi all.
I have tried to change to Business head unit for the Pro Unit. But the connectors are slightly different. The Pro head unit is a year newer.

Has anyone successfully fitted a professional nav head unit to replace the business head unit? Is there a conversion wiring loom available? See picture the orientation cutouts are slightly different.

Thanks in advance.

The display works perfectly and the split screen works.

Hi Creeky, not sure if you are able to return to this post. I have a 63 plate F10 which Business Nav CHAMP2 HU. Am I also able to upgrade to the larger screen?

Do you have any updates on the headunit upgrade?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 04:42 PM   #26
Creeky B
Rep
Drives: 435dX

Hi.
Been away from here for a while. Surprised to see this thread still active.

I have no idea if the bigger screen can be added to the champ version. Hopefully someone else can offer some advice.

The only suggestion I can make is that you check the code below is available to edit using BimmerCode if it is, either take the risk and buy a screen to try it or maybe find someone that has one to try before you spend the money???

Sorry I can't offer a more positive answer

Just to note, I gave up on the head unit upgrade and just did the screen and added CarPlay.

Quote:
I used BimmerCode in expert mode to edit the following codes. Quite easy to do. Whole job took about 20 minutes.

HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 10.25_1280x480

HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 07:48 PM   #27
Hasibjan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi.
Been away from here for a while. Surprised to see this thread still active.

I have no idea if the bigger screen can be added to the champ version. Hopefully someone else can offer some advice.

The only suggestion I can make is that you check the code below is available to edit using BimmerCode if it is, either take the risk and buy a screen to try it or maybe find someone that has one to try before you spend the money???

Sorry I can't offer a more positive answer

Just to note, I gave up on the head unit upgrade and just did the screen and added CarPlay.
Hi, I’m actually surprised that you answered at all. I thought it would this thread would be completed dead.

I’ve done a fair bit of research and don’t think it’s possible. Mainly because I’ve got a CIC interface with an NBT display. Yes I know, very odd but that’s how it is. Mine says CHAMP2 on Esys but once in, it would shows CICHB. There is no option to change resolution but There is option to change the display variant. Hence why I’m still hopeful it may be possible.

If you do find anything or anyone that is aware of this, please let me know. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 07:52 PM   #28
Hasibjan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingkajee View Post
OK for anyone else that reads this, part number 61129261850 was needed.

Different cable altogether
Hi, I’ve been in the same boat. Maybe we have the same HU and interface? Mine is the HU_CICHB (CHAMP2) the original display cable plugs in fine but won’t do anything. When I bought the cable mentioned by you, purple side plugs in fine but the pink won’t go in. I managed to separate the pink part ( the 4 part win comes off the plastic holder) this allowed me to plug in the 2 pins and then the 4 pins. This way it at least turns on but says no signal. Have you managed to fix it or do you have the NBT HU?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 03:09 PM   #29
Mofa.f10
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520dx LCI

Quote:
I used BimmerCode in expert mode to edit the following codes. Quite easy to do. Whole job took about 20 minutes.

HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 10.25_1280x480

HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display
Hi Creeky B,

I have the same Setup. Small Screen with HU_NBT. (Year 2015)
Could you please supply me with the partnumbers i.e. professional screen and the cables ?

How does the system work with the bigger screen ?

Would really appreciate it
Appreciate 0