2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Dinan or BMW Performance Exhaust ??

01-29-2016, 07:17 AM   #23
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noncom23 View Post
No. No logistics were covered. This is not where I bought the car,
it is the only local BMW/Dinan dealer close to me. But this guy used to
be, the cat I could depend on.

So for me it's Magnaflo or something like that vs BMW Performance. I guess with exhaust it doesn't matter since HP and Tq don't change much. I was just trying to stay in the BMW Family.
Thx.
so still no exhaust installed than well that sux! so are you waiting for them to recieve the SS or are you cancelling all together and going a different route?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #24
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
so still no exhaust installed than well that sux! so are you waiting for them to recieve the SS or are you cancelling all together and going a different route?
Sorry. I told him to cancel and I will think about. I just see all these issues
with Dinan and if they can't the order right, well what next?
      01-29-2016, 07:40 AM   #25
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
like Mike posted earlier up top there's the Remus exhaust or you can go with the SuperSprints?! if you're on a budget the Megan's aren't too bad...lotta happy people with them on here. i almost went the the Megan Supremo's which has a quad 4" tips! but i landed a crazy deal on the Meisterschaft from a fellow member and will be picking that up here in a few weeks!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #26
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
like Mike posted earlier up top there's the Remus exhaust or you can go with the SuperSprints?! if you're on a budget the Megan's aren't too bad...lotta happy people with them on here. i almost went the the Megan Supremo's which has a quad 4" tips! but i landed a crazy deal on the Meisterschaft from a fellow member and will be picking that up here in a few weeks!
Kool! So no worries with warranty issues with BMW?
      01-29-2016, 10:33 AM   #27
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Kool! So no worries with warranty issues with BMW?
you know it really depends on the dealership. i've seen post here where they don't care and some dealer's who actually go out of their way and deny a warranty claim because of the exhaust. i would inquire in your area which dealers are mod friendly. i know in the Cali forum there's a list of mod friendly dealers.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 12:20 PM   #28
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Sorry to hear there was a shipping fail / screw-up. I assume this was Classic you were dealing with? That's the most recent Texas 535i exhaust order I can see. If so, it was ordered / written up correctly but for some reason looking at the back-end system here the shipping department apparently just shipped out the wrong version. Not sure how you can mess that up but alas...

Regardless, sorry again for the mix-up and the less than desirable experience.

P.S. I am amazed they still have a car that old in the loaner fleet--- I was under the impression BMW doesn't allow anything in the fleet more then 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 12:45 PM   #29
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Sorry to hear there was a shipping fail / screw-up. I assume this was Classic you were dealing with? That's the most recent Texas 535i exhaust order I can see. If so, it was ordered / written up correctly but for some reason looking at the back-end system here the shipping department apparently just shipped out the wrong version. Not sure how you can mess that up but alas...

P.S. I am amazed they still have a car that old in the loaner fleet--- I was under the impression BMW doesn't allow anything in the fleet more then 6 months.
You guys are great with responding and that means a lot. Yes Classic BMW. I would still like to do it but I need more conrete communication. Is Autoscope pretty good? Recommend anyone else?
Thanks for your response!
      01-29-2016, 12:47 PM   #30
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
you know it really depends on the dealership. i've seen post here where they don't care and some dealer's who actually go out of their way and deny a warranty claim because of the exhaust. i would inquire in your area which dealers are mod friendly. i know in the Cali forum there's a list of mod friendly dealers.
Thanks!
      01-29-2016, 01:30 PM   #31
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

you know people are on here and other forums and they see problems like this posted and it really takes business away from you because 1 person will tell 1 person and that person will tell 10 others and so forth about the bad experience...you should give Noncom23 a discount for the inconvenience even tho it was the shipping departments error and not Sales just to show you care about your customers...or at least make an effort to contact the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #32
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You guys are great with responding and that means a lot. Yes Classic BMW. I would still like to do it but I need more conrete communication. Is Autoscope pretty good? Recommend anyone else?
Thanks for your response!
The Autoscope's are fine. Been dealers for quite a long time. Competent and professional.

Shelby at Classic BMW though is actually the person I would recommend in the DFW area and usually is a an awesome Dinan advocate (hear nothing but love typically). Bad day maybe, who knows. If you do end up going back the Dinan route and wanted to give it a go we would prefer you go to the same dealer (Classic) and they/us will make it worth your while / right. Let me know if that is something you are willing to do and I will have the area sales rep coordinate with Classic and they will reach out to you with pricing, timing, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #33
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
The Autoscope's are fine. Been dealers for quite a long time. Competent and professional.

Shelby at Classic BMW though is actually the person I would recommend in the DFW area and usually is a an awesome Dinan advocate (hear nothing but love typically). Bad day maybe, who knows. If you do end up going back the Dinan route and wanted to give it a go we would prefer you go to the same dealer (Classic) and they/us will make it worth your while / right. Let me know if that is something you are willing to do and I will have the area sales rep coordinate with Classic and they will reach out to you with pricing, timing, etc.
Yes I would be glad to go back to Classic and Shelby is fine. And I appreciate any help you can give!
Thank You!
      01-29-2016, 04:39 PM   #34
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

AWESOME!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 12:51 PM   #35
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Update:

To date I have not heard an more on this. No calls or emails. I did pursue
it by PM, but did not hear from Classic BMW. Might do a local shop and stick with that.
      03-21-2016, 07:12 PM   #36
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Update:To date I have not heard an more on this. No calls or emails. I did pursue
it by PM, but did not hear from Classic BMW. Might do a local shop and stick with that.
Seriously? 2 Months or however long ago it was at this point I was in the cubicle as the inside sales rep was talking to Classic about your car/exhaust and what was to be done. On 1/29 a replacement/correct exhaust at a discounted rate was sent to Classic for your car. Having not heard anything I assumed everything went fine.... <facepalm>
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 08:24 PM   #37
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Seriously? 2 Months or however long ago it was at this point I was in the cubicle as the inside sales rep was talking to Classic about your car/exhaust and what was to be done. On 1/29 a replacement/correct exhaust at a discounted rate was sent to Classic for your car. Having not heard anything I assumed everything went fine.... <facepalm>
LOL! It's ok. I appreciate your help though.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #38
siliconvalleyf06
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noncom23
Mine is a 2015 535i and leaning towards Dinan. Any opinions? Thx ahead!
I went with the Dinan exhaust. Absolutely love it!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 01:03 PM   #39
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconValleyF10 View Post
Thx! No drone, right?
      03-22-2016, 10:59 PM   #40
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Well, if you're interested in the M Performance exhaust - I am selling mine, and if your username stands for Non-Commissioned Officer, we can work something out. As an old USAF E-5, I'm kinda partial to Non-coms
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 12:14 AM   #41
siliconvalleyf06
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thx! No drone, right?
No drone in sport mode. Very little in comfort, and some in Eco-mode. It really comes down to cruising around 2k rpm. That seems to be a magic number for a little drone noise in Eco. I noticed that my software tune and intake made this decrease some. All in all a great addition to my car
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 06:32 AM   #42
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
No drone in sport mode. Very little in comfort, and some in Eco-mode. It really comes down to cruising around 2k rpm. That seems to be a magic number for a little drone noise in Eco. I noticed that my software tune and intake made this decrease some. All in all a great addition to my car
Thanks! I am never in Eco so it won't be an issues. I am at the dealer now and apparently they have found the Dinan Exhaust. I had to call first, however. It's been sitting there for two months. I will do a review when complete.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 06:34 AM   #43
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
Well, if you're interested in the M Performance exhaust - I am selling mine, and if your username stands for Non-Commissioned Officer, we can work something out. As an old USAF E-5, I'm kinda partial to Non-coms
Thanks. As posted above I have it now. No,
my noncom is for noncomputerized and I should probably
change that out of respect. I appreciate the offer!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 11:17 AM   #44
siliconvalleyf06
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
Thanks. As posted above I have it now. No,
my noncom is for noncomputerized and I should probably
change that out of respect. I appreciate the offer!
Looking forward to hearing your review. My suggestion is give it some time to "break-in." Sounds more like a European grunt after some good use.
Appreciate 0