2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Android Auto Disaster

09-13-2023, 04:35 PM   #1
TexasHeat23
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW550I XDrive MSport

Android Auto Disaster

Hello everyone,

New to this site, really hate to start off with a problem. I tried to install Android Auto (AA) touch screen in my 2016 550i Xdrive. It was a replacement screen where the factory is. When installed, it would not go back and forth between AA and factory IDrive. Then it stopped going back to Idrive completely. The comfort entry stopped working, only once in a while it will work. The suspension is not working. Very stiff and uncomfortable drive. Sunroof won't open. I Uninstalled the (AA) from the car completely but the problems still persists. Idrive now works fine. I put a scanner on the car and the first time 51 codes came up. I deleted all the codes and I rescanned the car after driving it. 31 codes this time. I've got Trans codes, ac codes, steering codes, body domain controller codes, roof control codes and so on. I checked all the regular fuses in the trunk fuse block and all are fine. Did not check radio fuse in dash fuse block yet. One code says I need ISTA P to repair HU. Stuck! Anyone have advice?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 06:19 AM   #2
alexisis1
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Probably unrelated to AA itself. Either you or the car.
Appreciate 0