2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Navigation menu grayed out.

03-22-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
ViktorWarhola
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xdrive

Navigation menu grayed out.

So I just acquired a 2013 535i xdrive and like the title says, the nav menu is grayed out.... I get the spinning wheel of death when trying to do anything related to this (compass, etc). As a noob to this model, I would appreciate some thoughts as to what I can do to remedy this. Is it as simple as downloading the current maps update from bummer-tech, ebay (I know I'm going to need the fsc code) I just don't want to buy this service and then have it not work. For what it's worth, I'm suspicious that the head unit in my car has been replaced and now I'm sure the VINs don't match.... Any ideas? Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 07:40 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorWarhola View Post
So I just acquired a 2013 535i xdrive and like the title says, the nav menu is grayed out.... I get the spinning wheel of death when trying to do anything related to this (compass, etc). As a noob to this model, I would appreciate some thoughts as to what I can do to remedy this. Is it as simple as downloading the current maps update from bummer-tech, ebay (I know I'm going to need the fsc code) I just don't want to buy this service and then have it not work. For what it's worth, I'm suspicious that the head unit in my car has been replaced and now I'm sure the VINs don't match.... Any ideas? Thanks guys!
Did the NAV not work from the time you acquired the car? I would take it back and make them make it right!
Appreciate 0