2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Bent/warped wheels

05-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
1stbmwx5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i. 2013 MB ML 350

Bent/warped wheels

I purchased a set of used 3 piece wheels-advertised as used, but refinished and re-polished. When I took them to have the TPMS's installed and mounted, we noticed that the seal job was horrible-almost amateurish. Regardless, I went ahead and had them installed. As we thought, they wouldn't hold air and the car had a slight vibration. I took them to a local wheel shop and was told they were bent in some places and warped in others-to the point where they felt the cost to repair would be almost as much as the purchase price. I contacted the seller and he couldn't understand what happened. I have no reason to believe he knew otherwise and he has agreed to have them repaired. Here is my question, how comfortable should I be about driving on wheels that have been repaired? Anyone out there ever have 3 piece warped wheels repaired? Is there some sort of guarantee/warranty that I should ask for from the repair shop?
Again, the seller has been very helpful, the wheels were shipped to me from the shop that re-polished them, so I don't believe he saw them before they were packaged. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0