2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New to me F10 M Sport

11-17-2018, 12:26 AM   #23
BimmerOwner
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d

What specific SB brand can you recommend fir my 2016 535d please?
Thanks.

LY
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #24
AWe90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 --> F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Congratulations. Space Gray is one of my fav colors and that steering wheel looks brand new, wow!

I highly recommend OEM M-Performance exhaust. It bolts right on and wont void your warranty and sounds awesome. I really like mine.

I would also install M5 spoiler and the black grills as you mentioned.

I felt like sprint booster was a complete waste of money and sold it couple of months after owning it. There are many debates over this which you can research / read if it is something that you are considering.
Thanks for the input...and man that exhaust looks clean!

I'm strongly considering M Perf exhaust as my first significant mod. I have seen plenty of exterior sound clips — and I really like its tone. Just enough when you want it, but hardly noticeable when business calls. This is what I need.

How does it sound inside? Obnoxious at all? Drone? As mentioned, I really want to keep it pretty tame.

Thanks.
      11-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #25
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWe90 View Post

I'm strongly considering M Perf exhaust as my first significant mod. I have seen plenty of exterior sound clips — and I really like its tone. Just enough when you want it, but hardly noticeable when business calls. This is what I need.

How does it sound inside? Obnoxious at all? Drone? As mentioned, I really want to keep it pretty tame.

Thanks.
Thank You, It was taken right after the install but I do keep it that clean as I like the shinny look coming from under the car.

The sound it makes is minimal but it is enough for people who know about cars to notice that you have an exhaust.

It is most noticeable during cold start (sounds just like my E92 M3 did) then quiets down.

My fav part of the system is the sound it makes during mid acceleration -say from 30mph to 60mph

It is not obnoxious at all and zero drone (if installed correctly). That's why I like sticking with OEM stuff. I take my business clients around in my car all the time and as far as they are concerned, they are riding on a stock 5er.

This is my fav mod on this car and puts a smile on my face every-time.

If you are willing to wait, my lease is up this summer and I will have the system for sale before turning the car back in.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 06:09 PM   #26
AWe90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 --> F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWe90 View Post

Thanks.
Thank You, It was taken right after the install but I do keep it that clean as I like the shinny look coming from under the car.

The sound it makes is minimal but it is enough for people who know about cars to notice that you have an exhaust.

It is most noticeable during cold start (sounds just like my E92 M3 did) then quiets down.

My fav part of the system is the sound it makes during mid acceleration -say from 30mph to 60mph

It is not obnoxious at all and zero drone (if installed correctly). That's why I like sticking with OEM stuff. I take my business clients around in my car all the time and as far as they are concerned, they are riding on a stock 5er.

This is my fav mod on this car and puts a smile on my face every-time.

If you are willing to wait, my lease is up this summer and I will have the system for sale before turning the car back in.
Nice, I appreciate your perspective. Looking for a little more sound, but do not at all want to seem obnoxious when meeting/driving clients, pulling into the office, etc.

I'll send you a PM re: possible sale.

Thanks again.