2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions [HELP] F10 Halogen headlight to umnitza LED headlight coding

01-18-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
Alan_Tan
Enlisted Member
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330E

[HELP] F10 Halogen headlight to umnitza LED headlight coding

i have a F10 with halogen headlight, i have order a set of umnitza LED headlight, after installed my car getting high beam error, also flickering on low/high beam, can anyone teach me what should i code to solve the error please?

Thank you !!!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:24 AM   #2
starlights
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

I am not an expert with coding but you obviously need to code the parameters to change from Halogen to LED.
If you are unfamiliar with coding then you could go the route of Bimmercode (app for iphone or android) and a suitable obd connector from Amazon. (Total cost under $60 for both). Bimmercode has a simple interface to change headlight bulb type (from Halogen/HID to LED).
Although I have seen this in Bimmercode, I have never used it so perhaps other expert users can chime in.

Edit: This is the OBD connector I use with Bimmercode. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XKQQQW On Bimmercode's website there is a coupon to bring the cost of the connector down. Additionally you can download the free version of the app to your phone in the meanwhile (that just works in demo mode) to get familiar with the app.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 09:52 PM   #3
jellogwapo
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Tan View Post
i have a F10 with halogen headlight, i have order a set of umnitza LED headlight, after installed my car getting high beam error, also flickering on low/high beam, can anyone teach me what should i code to solve the error please?

Thank you !!!

did you manage to solve this? mine is stuck in high beam, and turn lights don't work.
Appreciate 0