2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum USB, CIC and other trouble--HELP!

04-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
mayor bloom
Rep
Drives: 528xi

USB, CIC and other trouble--HELP!

Hello all,

I am having trouble with my 2013 528i Xdrive. I have only had the car 2 months and the dealership can't find any error codes, but stuff is not working.

I will run down the troubles I am having:

1. this has only happened once, but the digital part of the cluster was not on. Only the D for drive was showing. I shut off the car and everything came back.

2. I loaded "DVDinMotion" on the car and the CIC (radio head unit) would randomly reset while driving. So, I uninstalled it and it kept resetting.

So, I take it to the dealership. They can't find any trouble and the car is giving no error codes. While it was there they updated the CIC. I pick the car up and more trouble.

3. The first thing I notice is on the telephone section- the option for messages is gone. Apparently the update removed it and now I cannot display my text messages via Bluetooth connection.

4. I have the BMW apps, after the update I was not able to connect the phone to the car through the USB or snap in adapter. The app would connect and music would play but I did not have the office options.

So, back to the dealership...

5. They call me and tell me there is no trouble and the apps works fine. I got there and they are correct and the apps work, but now the USB will not work at all. Phone or ipod will charge and display what is on the device but will not play music.

Now they are replacing the usb port, but said that they don't know what is wrong because the computer still is showing now error codes.

Any help would be great.

Mike
Appreciate 0