2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - Rockies / Midwest Denver - all your performance shops are smoking crack

03-05-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
BuiltnBoostedZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535ix

Denver - all your performance shops are smoking crack

Called several shops in my area to get price quotes on installing H&R springs. I usually price cheap stuff to help me decide who will help me with the rest of my build(built motor, big turbo, fuel system, etc etc). I'm sad to say that the prices and time quoted for springs was astronomical.

3zero3 motorsports was the highest. They wanted a whopping $1850 to do springs. I peed a little when they told me the price. Having worked for Boost Logic and Driver Source, I have never heard such or quoted such a high price in my life. Not even on a Ferrari or Lambo. They also said would take a couple days. I can do springs in 4 hours with a lift. On just about any car. Who TF takes days? Someone that doesn't work on my shit. Another clue was the fact that they didn't even ask me what options were on my car. Do you have m sport? Adaptive suspension? How many miles on the car? All these things matter. None were asked.

Their competitors were not much lower. Some of the indie shops were as low as $1250. Still a stupid price.

To put these prices in perspective, I can ship my car to Houston (where we have a second home), have the shop that built the motor on my Z car do the springs, and ship it back to Denver for LESS!!!! Nearly $1000 in transportation fees and I can get it done for less. That's F'ing sad.

No shops in this state will be getting any money on building my car. I'll spend 50k in parts/labor back in Texas. I suggest anyone living in Colorado do the same unless you like paying 4.5x the price of any other major city.
      03-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #2
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
I just recently installed H&R on my 2013 535xi last Saturday and yeah it took about 4 hours. That's crazy. I called Les Swab and Firestone and they wanted a few hundred dollars and about a day.
Appreciate 0