2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Any1 knows how deactivate Alarm

01-03-2022, 12:28 AM   #1
jluzbet
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F15 X5, E93 335

Any1 knows how deactivate Alarm

Im having a issue that my alarm goes off, have turned off sensors, checked hood sensor, taken fuse off alarm but just siren shuts lights still blink, all doors seem to be locked correctly do t know what else to look for, need to turn this off till my mechanic can see car Wednesday any input will be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 02:24 PM   #2
95blkmax
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 535 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluzbet View Post
Im having a issue that my alarm goes off, have turned off sensors, checked hood sensor, taken fuse off alarm but just siren shuts lights still blink, all doors seem to be locked correctly do t know what else to look for, need to turn this off till my mechanic can see car Wednesday any input will be appreciated.
at this point with the provided info we wouldn't be able to help you. This kind of problem would require BMW-level software to get into your car's FRM and other modules and read any codes that this issue has generated. With THAT info, you'll know how to proceed.

A large number of things can trip the alarm into going off. Faulty door lock actuators (even if they function normal, their signal output may fluctuate) can trip the alarm, same with hood sensor or accelerometers. The alarm siren itself could have an internal short causing it to go off randomly for no reason. This is why you'd need the codes to guide you. Otherwise you'd just be throwing parts at it hoping it fixes it.

Good luck and let us know what it turns out to be please!
      01-26-2022, 09:06 AM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

If you don't activate DWA (anti-theft alarm siren system)...then the systems related to setting off the alarm or blinking the lights won't activate them. You can always tell when the DWA system has been activated because the status LED in the interior rear view mirror will start to flash.

You can do this by manually locking the car by pressing down the door pins. This will mean you'll have to lock the car from one of the passenger doors since you can't manually lock the driver's door when it is open.

I know on older BMWs where the central locking button was located in the center console...you could lock the door from the front passenger or rear passenger doors if you pressed the central locking button. Now that BWW has moved the central locking button to the dash and to each front door (on some models) I'm not sure if you can still utilize the front passenger door any more...so you may have to resort to manually locking each door...again, using the passenger doors since the driver's door has the anti-lockout feature where it won't lock unless the door is closed.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0