2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10, 528, Vibration 80-120 km/h

11-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #67
BimmerGuyFL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 BMW 535i M-sport

I had this problem with my 2013 535i M-sport with the M-sports suspension. They replaced three of my tires cause they were out of round. I still had the vibration coming from the back passengers side. turned out that tire they replaced was still out of round. The new tire dramatically improved the vibration. it's still some what there but nothing bad at all like before. It must be the way these new F10's are designed. The E39 was notorious for this as well, but you would feel it in the steering wheel and it would shimmy.

Overall I love my car, I wouldn't change it for anything else in its class.
2013 F10 BMW 535i Alpine White / Oyster Dakota Leather / Anthracite Wood Trim / Steptronic transmission / M Sport Package / Premium Package / Technology Package / Rear-view camera / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #68
joe23
Rep
Drives: bmw f11 525d n57d30

I had the same problem, resolved by changing the 4 break discs.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 09:43 AM   #69
twarpdev
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535i xDrive

Reviving this old thread, I've been grappling with a persistent issue involving a noticeable vibration at speeds of 110 km/h ever since I purchased this car 2016 535xi, M sports/performace package last December. Below is a comprehensive list of the work I've undertaken on the vehicle; while some tasks may not be directly related to the vibration, most are.

Uncertain about my next course of action, I've visited several nearby auto shops for their input. Regrettably, they've either attributed the issue to road imperfections or claimed not to detect any problems. Having been an avid car owner for over two decades, with experience across various manufacturers, I must emphasize that I've never encountered a situation like this before.

Initially, I replaced the front CV axle due to noise issues and noticed grease leakage, which I assumed was the cause. Subsequently, when I was replacing the rear differential mounts, I encountered difficulty lowering the differential on one side. This led me to suspect that the rear CV axle might be seized. However, upon removing the old CV axle, it appeared to be in better condition than anticipated. Nevertheless, replacing the rear CV axle did alleviate the vibration to some extent.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do next?

1. front control arms(tension struts)
2. tie rods
3. front disc/pads
4. accessory drive belt and pulleys
5. engine mounts
6. rear diff mounts
7. flex disc(guibo)
8. drive shaft center mount bearing
9. front passenger-side CV axle
10. rear driver-side CV axle
11. alignment 4 times
12. road force balancing