2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media lsturbointeg's "Black Candy" build thread! (with daily/weekly updates!)

07-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #23
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
I bought this and since then just been buying the refills for soap. http://www.chemicalguys.com/TORQ_Foa...SABEgJPmfD_BwE

I bought a pressure washer from Costco and been using the combo ever since. My neighbors and people driving are always like "hey, my car next" & if I still have some soap left after my car, I tell them to bring their car over and I use the remaining soap on their cars.
I didn't see your post till after I posted mine, yours wasnt there when I looked at the thread. kinda weird.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #24
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
I bought this and since then just been buying the refills for soap. http://www.chemicalguys.com/TORQ_Foa...SABEgJPmfD_BwE

I bought a pressure washer from Costco and been using the combo ever since. My neighbors and people driving are always like "hey, my car next" & if I still have some soap left after my car, I tell them to bring their car over and I use the remaining soap on their cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
I use the MTM foam cannon $59 on Amazon, works great, lots of thick sudsy foam and it impresses the neighbors.
do the foam canon basically attach to my water pressure or do i need to buy some kind of attachment? the gun on the water pressure is still used correct?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #25
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
very nice, its crazy to always see before and after pics.

we just bought a new house as well, so talk about empty bank accounts!!! we also have to remodel all 3 bathrooms, plus a host of other MODS to the new house (50+ LED recessed lights, new paint/flooring/baseboard trim, curtains, closet organizers) etc etc

Only in Silicon Valley do you buy a house for 1.5m and you have to dump another 50k into it! but hey real estate is all about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION....

Gorgeous house panipuri! LOL i know what you mean by LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! i heard silicon valley is pretty damn expensive place to live! for me i'm pretty close to everything now vs before i would have to drive 50 miles just to go to Sam's Club or the mall, movie theatre and basically to see civilization lol

i got lucky with my house as the wife and i bought this in December in the middle of winter where out here in Ohio nobody buys houses in the winter. most people start house shopping around Springtime. so we had a pretty good selection of homes to choose from as we were the only bidders on this house which is 4400 sq ft on 1/2 acre lot. it was listed for $360k and we got it down to $299k. the owner's were already moved out and in Cali and basically left the house in the real estate agent's hands.

still working on the upgrades around the house but pretty much the crown moulding, door casings, baseboards and fireplace mantles are all complete. working on finishing up re-staining alot of the dining table, chairs, hutch and masterbedroom furniture! we did have to buy new kitchen appliances. bought the new Fridgidaire Gallery series from Lowe's. LOL never had so much yard before so learning how to mow wasn't the funnest day as it took a good 4 hours to do

if anything what sold me was the 3 car garage!

but here's some pictures of the crown moulding, casings and the mantle i built for the fire place.

the re-staining was tedious as you have to pretty much scuff up or sand down a bit for the new stain to work but it turned out pretty well

here's the color before:

and now satin black!

re tinting or icing if that's what you call it for the front door with the lace pattern

sorry guys i got off topic but that's okay lol!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      07-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #26
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
Chemical Guys make a foam cannon for pressure washers. Your car is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it done, its going to be sweet!!
yeah! i saw their canon's but i'm wondering if there's other alternatives without paying the price CG wants for them. usually their just rebranded with their logo and hike up the price like $50?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 04:56 PM   #27
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
yeah! i saw their canon's but i'm wondering if there's other alternatives without paying the price CG wants for them. usually their just rebranded with their logo and hike up the price like $50?
You can get them for $16 to $25 on amazon that are as good as the CG one is.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2017, 06:52 PM   #28
vpatel867
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 F10, 19 xm40i, 24 x7

Garage List
  [10.00]
Quote:
You and xxpanipuri baller homes. Congrats. Loving this build thread man. Keep it going.
      07-19-2017, 07:14 PM   #29
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Gorgeous house panipuri! LOL i know what you mean by LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! i heard silicon valley is pretty damn expensive place to live! for me i'm pretty close to everything now vs before i would have to drive 50 miles just to go to Sam's Club or the mall, movie theatre and basically to see civilization lol

i got lucky with my house as the wife and i bought this in December in the middle of winter where out here in Ohio nobody buys houses in the winter. most people start house shopping around Springtime. so we had a pretty good selection of homes to choose from as we were the only bidders on this house which is 4400 sq ft on 1/2 acre lot. it was listed for $360k and we got it down to $299k. the owner's were already moved out and in Cali and basically left the house in the real estate agent's hands.

still working on the upgrades around the house but pretty much the crown moulding, door casings, baseboards and fireplace mantles are all complete. working on finishing up re-staining alot of the dining table, chairs, hutch and masterbedroom furniture! we did have to buy new kitchen appliances. bought the new Fridgidaire Gallery series from Lowe's. LOL never had so much yard before so learning how to mow wasn't the funnest day as it took a good 4 hours to do

WOW!!!! You are quite talented!! Do you make house calls??
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #30
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
WOW!!!! You are quite talented!! Do you make house calls??
yup! i do have a portable stripper pole! is that what you mean lol i use to do carpentry work back in the day. usually my close friends would pay me to upgrade their rooms with mouldings, paint and what not.

the AutoBody called and said the bumper and skirts should be ready on Friday!

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-19-2017 at 08:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #31
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
You can get them for $16 to $25 on amazon that are as good as the CG one is.
i'll check it out Mr longtooth! thanks!
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2017, 09:01 AM   #32
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Quote:
do the foam canon basically attach to my water pressure or do i need to buy some kind of attachment? the gun on the water pressure is still used correct?
I had to get a 1/4 inch adapter (pictured below) for the foam cannon to work with my pressure washer spray wand.
Attached Images

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #33
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Yes it works straight with the pressure washer. I didn't have to buy anything, plug and spray!

here is a youtube video I made on it when I first got my car (looks nothing like it now)
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2017, 10:19 AM   #34
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Dude thats awesome!!! great job.

Quote:

if anything what sold me was the 3 car garage!

but here's some pictures of the crown moulding, casings and the mantle i built for the fire place.

the re-staining was tedious as you have to pretty much scuff up or sand down a bit for the new stain to work but it turned out pretty well

here's the color before:

and now satin black!

re tinting or icing if that's what you call it for the front door with the lace pattern

Appreciate 1
      07-20-2017, 12:50 PM   #35
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
I had to get a 1/4 inch adapter (pictured below) for the foam cannon to work with my pressure washer spray wand.
that's what i thought! i thought an adaptor would be needed so glad you confirmed that...thanks! i got a couple of those when i bought my compressor i also picked up the assortment kit for it
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #36
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

T-bolt clamps came in today!

here's one of them mocked up.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #37
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

so totally forgot how $hitty my brake calipers looks with all the rust exposed so i ordered the G2 gold caliper paint from R1 Concepts!

i always liked the way bronze wheels look with gold calipers and being that my BMS titanium lugs are gold it should compliment the calipers

Here's a forum member i forgot his screen name but he also did the gold caliper paint with his bronze wheels

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #38
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Yiu know what time is it?

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-22-2017 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 07:04 PM   #39
M5 Monster
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Yiu know what time is it?
Following !!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 11:17 PM   #40
flamelauncher14
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: my neighbors crazy!

Garage List
2009 Nissan GT-R  [10.00]
On the topic of houses, I bought my first place a couple months ago. beautiful car.... Wish I went for a 535i lol.. 550i has too many issues

Maybe I should start one of these threads.....

Edit: Did I read that right? 4400 sq ft for $299k? I paid $10k less for my cute little 1600 sq ft house damnit Nevada
Past: 2011 550i ///M Sport | 2010 M6 Coupe | 2004 BMW M3 Convertible | 2003 BMW 330i

Last edited by flamelauncher14; 07-21-2017 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 12:11 AM   #41
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamelauncher14 View Post
On the topic of houses, I bought my first place a couple months ago. beautiful car.... Wish I went for a 535i lol.. 550i has too many issues

Maybe I should start one of these threads.....

Edit: Did I read that right? 4400 sq ft for $299k? I paid $10k less for my cute little 1600 sq ft house damnit Nevada
Nice house and nice stable of BMW's

Yup! 4400 sq ft $299
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 12:20 AM   #42
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Picked up my bumper from the paint shop

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-22-2017 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #43
flamelauncher14
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: my neighbors crazy!

Garage List
2009 Nissan GT-R  [10.00]
Quote:
Nice house and nice stable of BMW's

Yup! 4400 sq ft $299
I think I'm going to move to TX lol $250k will score a 3000-4000 sq ft house easy. One with a big garage too

Quote:
Picked up my bumper from the paint shop
Looks great!!!
Past: 2011 550i ///M Sport | 2010 M6 Coupe | 2004 BMW M3 Convertible | 2003 BMW 330i
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #44
zinengineer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Space Gray X5 M Sport

No state income tax in Texas.

Nice bumper.