2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions How about some respect???
Closed Thread

04-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #45
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
i remember a guy's "smoked a gtr" thread. it was a new gtr that was on a flatbed being transported
That's a funny thread!!!
      04-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #46
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Hi,

Although I recently become a member, I have been following this forum for more a year. I have to admit that there are tons of good people who go to distance to help strangers that they haven't met before. They give honest answers, advices and spend time to take pictures and so on... I learned a lot from those people and able to do some mods on my own.

I sincerely thank those I mentioned above.

But I also noticed a few things that turned me off

1 - Some members become sarcastic when a novice member asks a simple question such as "Omg, low oil level indicator warning is on, what am i going to do?". Then some members response like "you need a new engine". This is totally unnecessary. Just because you have more knowledge about car does mean that you should put down those who don't.

2 - I am not sure whether it is intentional or not but some members give answers without knowing what they are talking about. This may cause problems to those who will act on the responses that get (not only the one who asked the question but many other who read them).

As I said most member are really decent people and I really appreciate their input. I just hope that those who qualify above 2 items would stop what they are doing.

Thanks

That's NOT what she said....
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #47
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi,

Although I recently become a member, I have been following this forum for more a year. I have to admit that there are tons of good people who go to distance to help strangers that they haven't met before. They give honest answers, advices and spend time to take pictures and so on... I learned a lot from those people and able to do some mods on my own.

1 - Some members become sarcastic when a novice member asks a simple question such as "Omg, low oil level indicator warning is on, what am i going to do?". Then some members response like "you need a new engine". This is totally unnecessary. Just because you have more knowledge about car does mean that you should put down those who don't.

2 - I am not sure whether it is intentional or not but some members give answers without knowing what they are talking about. This may cause problems to those who will act on the responses that get (not only the one who asked the question but many other who read them).

As I said most member are really decent people and I really appreciate their input. I just hope that those who qualify above 2 items would stop what they are doing.

Thanks
I'm going to say my $0.02 here.

First of all, I think you're losing sight of what this site is. Bimmerpost is a community of like minded enthusiasts first and foremost.

It is a living and breathing and diverse community filled with members from all walks of life. Every member brings something to this community, good and bad. Of course the merits of everyone's contribution is debatable as a result thereof but its what gives life to this place. And of course there are limits hence the need for admins' (and their deputies) intervention at times.

I hope you can understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
... Feel free to start a new thread on an issue if you can't find it using the search function. If you're too incompetent to make your own decisions, and turn to members every two days with a new thread asking "Hai guys shud I do dis or dis?" then be prepared as well.

I agree with you on the point of people giving advice matter-of-factly when their answer is actually wrong. This undermines the integrity and purpose of the forum as a database accessed by the search function.

Biggest rule of thumb around here is to search before starting threads. If you're too lazy to search, but have the time to start your own thread, you deserve what is coming to you.

Don't take anything personally. If you are one that is really sensitive to immaturity or asinine comments, which you will find plenty of in any online environment, then you should probably not post. It's sad that things are this way, and in a perfect world, I guess everyone would get along, but that's simply not the truth. You just have to be the bigger man and accept that's the way it is.

Just my $.02
What he said ...

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #48
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Respect, coming right up:

Quote:
(oo) What you want
(oo) Baby, I got
(oo) What you need
(oo) Do you know I got it?
(oo) All I'm askin'
(oo) Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit)
Hey baby (just a little bit) when you get home
(just a little bit) mister (just a little bit)

I ain't gonna do you wrong while you're gone
Ain't gonna do you wrong (oo) 'cause I don't wanna (oo)
All I'm askin' (oo)
Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit)
Baby (just a little bit) when you get home (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)

I'm about to give you all of my money
And all I'm askin' in return, honey
Is to give me my profits
When you get home (just a, just a, just a, just a)
Yeah baby (just a, just a, just a, just a)
When you get home (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)

------ instrumental break ------

Ooo, your kisses (oo)
Sweeter than honey (oo)
And guess what? (oo)
So is my money (oo)
All I want you to do (oo) for me
Is give it to me when you get home (re, re, re ,re)
Yeah baby (re, re, re ,re)
Whip it to me (respect, just a little bit)
When you get home, now (just a little bit)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)
I get tired (just a little bit)
Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)
You're runnin' out of foolin' (just a little bit)
And I ain't lyin' (just a little bit)
(re, re, re, re) 'spect
When you come home (re, re, re ,re)
Or you might walk in (respect, just a little bit)
And find out I'm gone (just a little bit)
I got to have (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)
There you go.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #49
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
the way I see it, a forum is kind of like a prison. you got your guards (mods) that'll hand you your ass if you don't fall in, there are the ladies that come in the prison to visit their man (vendors) that the guards protect, but ironically need the prisoners. Then there are the prisoners (the general forum population).

Now in this population, there are always older prisoners that will never leave(lifers), and there will almost always be a fresh incoming of new prisoners (fresh meat, noobs), in the middle we have a large population of dimes and quarters (10, 25 year sentences). It is expected in the prison that if a new comer don't know the rules of the prison (ie, keep flushing the toilet when you piss or shit) that he should ask for the rules (search). If such mentioned fresh meat do not ask (search) and commits such act of violation of pissing w/o flushing (post the "O jeez not this shit again" without searching) the lifers and many dime and quarters will proceed to give him a beating ("your engine will fail"), perhaps even stabbing ("STFU NOOB I FUCKING HATE YOU"). Two results would spring from the proceeding event, the noob would either survive the ordeal and learn his lesson to always flush when he pisses (search b4 post). or he will be murdered and never to return (crys and leaves the forum and join bimmerfest).

1 important exception I must note for the above circumstances is when a foreign substance unknown to the general population known as female is introduced to the environment. ALL of the above rules do NOT apply. If a female is introduced to a man only tank or pod, prisoners will notice the fact that she is a female by the abnormally larger chest area (or for us "hi Im a girl...hehe"). If such mentioned female fail to obey the flush while you piss rule (search) no one will beat or stab her, they will kindly offer her advice and in return proceed to rape the shit out of her (leg humping).

so you see my friend, it all makes sense when you think of it in the context of a prison rather then a sensible society. so don't get your panties all twisted noob.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #50
Evil E90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
I'm sure after a while you will get use to how this site offers advice and comments. You have chuckleheads that have nothing better to do then to sound like idiots. Then you have people that actually have something constructive to add. The bottom line is choose your posts wisely and don't let some of these dumb asses ruin your time here on E90post.

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #51
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
I like how you say all of this. But you want to give this guy sarcastic remarks on his thread.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...98#post5918898
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread