2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions This forum is loosing it's charm
View Poll Results: ARE YOU THE VERY FIRST TO JOIN THIS FORUM IN 2005 & 2006
YES 23 33.33%
NO 46 66.67%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

03-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #45
s78
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

I thought the forum starting losing its charm when people couldn't spell their own topic title correctly.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #46
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLR View Post
I don't use my first user name any more as i forgot my password and for your records it was "BIMMERGUY", if you can please help me to retrieve my password as i don't use the e-mail id i used to enroll any more and if there is any other way to retrieve my lost password
I don't believe I'm expending brain cells on this, but this makes absolutely no sense. To wit: It is true that user BIMMERGUY started his account on 04-27-05; however, the last activity on the account was 2-16-09. How could you have lost your password if the account was logged into last month?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=971

I call insane amounts of bullshit on your whole act. You're now officially the first user on my ignore list.

Edit: Sorry for the typos, was burping my daughter while typing.
      03-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #47
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Aww, please don't, you will miss out on all the fun and games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodtim View Post
I call insane amounts of bullshit on your whole act. You're now officially the first user on my ignore list.

And look at what this User's profile says
Quote:
  • About Bimmerguy
    Car: 20006 330i

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #48
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

I will quote his every post for you Tim.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #49
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
You say it's losing its charm. I say it's always been bad, but that's part of the charm. The forum software has a useful "ignore" feature for idiots. Or you can try Bimmerfest if you want more mature BMW discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houman21 View Post
I joined in 2005 and don't share your sentiment. Yes there are many fools on this site - to be fair I have acted like one from time to time.

This is one of the best online forums I have personally experienced. The people here for the most part are more than willing to help pretty much anybody and they tolerate the same questions being asked on a weekly basis.

Your association of the used car market and immature individuals is highly flawed and based on nothing other than your imagination and ignorance. I have no idea what the point of this thread is or was.

I think the worst thing for a great forum like this is when ignorant people pull the seniority card and say or do something that polarizes the community. It's going to be hard for me take anything you say in the future seriously, please edit this thread or delete it.

e90post (now bimmerpost) has always been a proudly diverse, evolving and dynamic community. It's what made us then, and it's what makes us today. There have been low points of course but there have been many high points.

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #50
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post
There have been low points of course but there have been many high points.
Hey KL2DC, is there any way to stop this guy from making new threads?

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #51
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
More importantly, is there any way to stop the OP from passing his genes on?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #52
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yea its changed but i think its mostly because the car isnt new anymore. So the same topics have been talked about to death.

So now its more of a hang out to BS in. I still enjoy it.

If you want to see bad, then go to the E46 forums. EEK.
      03-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #53
KL2DC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
More importantly, is there any way to stop the OP from passing his genes on?

One solution fits all?

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #54
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
Yea its changed but i think its mostly because the car isnt new anymore. So the same topics have been talked about to death.

So now its more of a hang out to BS in. I still enjoy it.

If you want to see bad, then go to the E46 forums. EEK.
No, if you want to see bad, go to the Kill Stories or E36 forums on bf.c
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #55
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTA BMW View Post
Do you honestly think I give a rats ass if I have been "warned?" You know you should really learn to shut the fuck up once in awhile. Here I am minding my own business and you have to say shit like that.

You are a fucking pussy! And I am still waiting for that email. Running to the mods like a little girl! Oh DELTA pwned me I am such a bitch.
You pwned me yet you’re the one going to get banned Come on kid, stop acting tough over the web, the shits so lame.

Mods monitor threads dummy, that's what they do. You happened to post in a thread and got caught being an idiot. Man up and deal with the consequences. I give you a couple of days before you get owned and under your name it doesn't say "WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE" It's going to say, "Banned" and I'm going to sit back and laugh at you like I have been doing for the past week.

BTW, when you PWN someone like you think you did, then you shouldn't have to say it yourself. Other people will say it for you. Let me give you an example since you're brain is so minute.

Delta: "dude you r an idit and ur grammer sucks, tak an egnlish class and go fuk urself"

Addy85: "Umm. You do realize that you just scrutinized someone about their grammar yet not only is your English terrible, but you misspelled GRAMMAR"

Then someone else states

Person X: "hahahaha dude, delta you just got pwned" and occasionally there might be a picture included but that won't be necessary in this illustration.

This is how pwnage/ownage works. Hopefully you learned something from today's lesson young one

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #56
KL2DC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
For the most part, every member has a right to express himself (within a set of guidelines dictated by our chartered rules and reg's of course, of which most of you are familiar with). But if enough members take continued offense and grievance over a suspect member's under-the-radar threads and comments, we would review the matter appropriately. Thanks.

I'll start by moving this tread to OT, where I feel it belongs.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #57
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Addy: stop pissing into the wind.

Delta: stop feeding the llama.

Done.
      03-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #58
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post
For the most part, every member has a right to express himself (within a set of guidelines dictated by our chartered rules and reg's of course, of which most of you are familiar with). But if enough members take continued offense and grievance over a suspect member's under-the-radar threads and comments, we would review the matter appropriately. Thanks.

I'll start by moving this tread to OT, where I feel it belongs.
Does an appropriate review result in castration? Because if so, I'm so going to narc this guy out.
      03-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #59
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Addy: stop pissing into the wind.

Delta: stop feeding the llama.

Done.
You ever pissed in the wind It feels kind of good

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #60
KL2DC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Does an appropriate review result in castration? Because if so, I'm so going to narc this guy out.

hahahaha maybe if we start another arcane poll....

PS not condoning or soliciting that you guys should btw

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #61
JL330i_UT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLR View Post
Hello,

When this website e90post.com came in to existence, i was one of the first members to join, then i had a 2006 e90. In 2006 there were very few e90 fans who could really able to afford this kind of car and were very mature in thinking.

Now after 3 years of e9X in the market and so many used cars many people who can't afford a BMW when it came out can buy one in the used market and act very immaturely

I have read so may threads and topics, instead of concentrating on what the issue is people are abusing each other and acting like animals.

My only request to those people who are acting immaturely try to be to the point and stop useless threads and be good to each other or else just leave.

so are you saying that people who dont have money are immature? and only thoes who can afford a brand new bimmer are mature?

is that what your getting at?

IMO its people like you that give truth to the porcupine "joke"
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #62
Tortfeasor 335xi
Corporate Hack
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi Coupe

To the OP: Forums change over time. The old guard move on to other things while other newer members remain. You form cliques and then feel alienated as your interactions in those cliques is diluted by everyone else. Also, as was already said, there is a limit to how much you can talk about any one subject before it gets boring. So people try and spice things up. There are two ways to combat off topic and juvenile behavior aimed at spicing things up, merciless and zealous moderation by the moderators, or starting your own private forum for just your clique to hang out in. Many web sites have these secret cabals that meet in private forums while maintaining a watchful eye on the forum that began their friendship. If you really don't like dealing with the plebes and n00bs go start your own web site. But while this remains a public web forum, you are going to have to put up with other people.

Lastly, have some class and stop acting classist. Also, quit blowing smoke up your own inflated ego's ass. You drive a BMW, not a Ferrari. Get over yourself, you are neither as mature nor as thoughtful as you think you are. After all, you started an off-topic rant belittling a large portion of the users on this site, do you really have a leg to stand on by calling others juvenile?
Really Much Earlier Car: 1988 Mazda 626 TURBO
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #63
akira42
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i 6MT, Custom Flash

'I don't like people who bash other people in a thread. So i'm going to start a thread, and bash those people.'
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #64
DELTA BMW
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
You pwned me yet you’re the one going to get banned Come on kid, stop acting tough over the web, the shits so lame.

Mods monitor threads dummy, that's what they do. You happened to post in a thread and got caught being an idiot. Man up and deal with the consequences. I give you a couple of days before you get owned and under your name it doesn't say "WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE" It's going to say, "Banned" and I'm going to sit back and laugh at you like I have been doing for the past week.

BTW, when you PWN someone like you think you did, then you shouldn't have to say it yourself. Other people will say it for you. Let me give you an example since you're brain is so minute.

Delta: "dude you r an idit and ur grammer sucks, tak an egnlish class and go fuk urself"

Addy85: "Umm. You do realize that you just scrutinized someone about their grammar yet not only is your English terrible, but you misspelled GRAMMAR"

Then someone else states

Person X: "hahahaha dude, delta you just got pwned" and occasionally there might be a picture included but that won't be necessary in this illustration.

This is how pwnage/ownage works. Hopefully you learned something from today's lesson young one
Well, I think you are being a bit dramatic about spelling errors given that there were only two on that post (that I was typing my iphone with) when you decided to get involved in something that was none of your business.

What I find very funny is that I am actually older than you by a few years.

As for acting tough? I can only let you know that this is a case of the "pot calling the kettle black."

Lets review what idiotic threads you have started:
Just Graduated from College!!!! Now what lol....Lets quote something here "ps, any mispelled words are my iphones fault" - that came from you.

Poll: What plate would you pick? - need I say more?

YOU WIN GUYS, im going to lower my car! - Seriously!?!?!?

Okay HELP ME CHOOSE - another mindless thread

Anyone in DFW a football coach? - My personal favorite.

The bottom line, Adam, is we can continue to go at this all day long everyday and I am completely fine with that. But, today I actually tried to login and enjoy the site without arguing with you nor reading the threads that are redundant or just plain ignorant. Then you have to start in on me. That, Adam, was very lame.

If you want to continue on about how my thread asking about limp mode was "stupid" than I encourage you to read your own material as pointed above.

I remember being your age and just graduating from College (although I received my degree in Finance as well as my MBA). I was just as arrogant and argumentative as you are now.

As for "pwing" I really don't care what you think. If you have not figured that out about me by now than your just as intelligent as you have lead on to believe.

In my opinion, your weakness is not actually reading the thread. Lets find an example.....http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
What pisses me off is when I talked to him on the phone on the way there, I said, "It if will help, I can remove the tune. Just give me access to it, and I'll need about an hour."

He said, "No, let's just hook it up and see what we get."

Well the next I heard back from him he's telling me I have no engine warranty any longer.

That's some serious BS, man. I could have removed it, they still would have seen the codes, but they could have cleared them and when they restarted it, they'd be clear.

Ugh. I'm getting pissed now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
OP, why didn't you just tow it home and remove the mods?
See my point? It has happened numerous times in the threads you have bombarded also.

I am not going to say that I was innocent or did not play my part in this whole arguing between us but I am going to say that I am tired of it. I am requesting that you just stop as I have shown by my great attitude today that I wanted too.

As for getting banned, apparently you did not realize that I do not care. If I get banned I get banned. Its not like the 4xx posts I have contributed have been insightful or important. I am not sure why you think it would be such a big deal to me anyway. This is an internet car forum.

As for consequences I have no idea what you are talking about? I got an infraction which I deserved and you also deserve and probably 95% of posts on this site deserve.

Once again, this needs to stop. You need to grow up and go on with your life and just leave me alone. Do you understand that?

Thank you for your compliance. Have a nice weekend.

Delta
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #65
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTA BMW View Post
Well, I think you are being a bit dramatic about spelling errors given that there were only two on that post (that I was typing my iphone with) when you decided to get involved in something that was none of your business.

What I find very funny is that I am actually older than you by a few years.

As for acting tough? I can only let you know that this is a case of the "pot calling the kettle black."

Lets review what idiotic threads you have started:
Just Graduated from College!!!! Now what lol....Lets quote something here "ps, any mispelled words are my iphones fault" - that came from you.

Poll: What plate would you pick? - need I say more?

YOU WIN GUYS, im going to lower my car! - Seriously!?!?!?

Okay HELP ME CHOOSE - another mindless thread

Anyone in DFW a football coach? - My personal favorite.

The bottom line, Adam, is we can continue to go at this all day long everyday and I am completely fine with that. But, today I actually tried to login and enjoy the site without arguing with you nor reading the threads that are redundant or just plain ignorant. Then you have to start in on me. That, Adam, was very lame.

If you want to continue on about how my thread asking about limp mode was "stupid" than I encourage you to read your own material as pointed above.

I remember being your age and just graduating from College (although I received my degree in Finance as well as my MBA). I was just as arrogant and argumentative as you are now.

As for "pwing" I really don't care what you think. If you have not figured that out about me by now than your just as intelligent as you have lead on to believe.

In my opinion, your weakness is not actually reading the thread. Lets find an example.....http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240142

See my point? It has happened numerous times in the threads you have bombarded also.

I am not going to say that I was innocent or did not play my part in this whole arguing between us but I am going to say that I am tired of it. I am requesting that you just stop as I have shown by my great attitude today that I wanted too.

As for getting banned, apparently you did not realize that I do not care. If I get banned I get banned. Its not like the 4xx posts I have contributed have been insightful or important. I am not sure why you think it would be such a big deal to me anyway. This is an internet car forum.

As for consequences I have no idea what you are talking about? I got an infraction which I deserved and you also deserve and probably 95% of posts on this site deserve.

Once again, this needs to stop. You need to grow up and go on with your life and just leave me alone. Do you understand that?

Thank you for your compliance. Have a nice weekend.

Delta
my question is how did u get the link into this page from your iphone? i didnt think it was possible
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #66
mishenka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
I don't believe I'm expending brain cells on this, but this makes absolutely no sense. To wit: It is true that user BIMMERGUY started his account on 04-27-05; however, the last activity on the account was 2-16-09. How could you have lost your password if the account was logged into last month?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=971

Edit: Sorry for the typos, was burping my daughter while typing.

Methodtim, it’s not fair! Can I at least have some credit for the doing investigative work first? Post number 14 on the first page already shows that the guy is not telling the truth. But I am glad that you also had the same doubts as I had about this guy.