2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Cleared 8TF code PPS Warning still remains

02-08-2023, 08:11 AM   #1
Davross
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D M-Sport

Cleared 8TF code PPS Warning still remains

Hiya,

So as the title says the PPS system on my F10 520D was activated. The bonnet is now back down, the fibre optic is disconnected, the central sensor disconnected, the two harnesses behind the headlights are disconnected and the two harnesses for the hinge solenoids are disconnected.

I successfully deleted the 8TF code from VA and coded to ACSM module using esys app. I was told to do this as the read module function on esys through esys launcher failed and couldn’t read VA.

I still have the original VA copy with 8TF present just in case.

However the PPS warning still remains on the dash, the code is deleted and all necessary sensors unplugged as far as I’m aware. I tried clearing error codes using an ECU reader which was unsuccessful. I also tried clearing all DTC’s on esys.. unsuccessfully the PPS error still remains.

I don’t know if it’s worth noting I unplugged the sensors after coding, I’ve read in a couple forums people have unplugged the sensors before coding, I can’t see why this would make a difference in the end if the code doesn’t exist?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0