2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Knock from the front left wheel when accelerating.

11-05-2023, 09:47 PM   #1
Andrii_S
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535i

Question Knock from the front left wheel when accelerating.

I have a stock 2011 535i xdrive. Both front CV axles were changed 2 weeks ago along with the lower control arms. Today the front left wheel made a metal knock when i let off the gas at about 100mph(wasn't accelerating too hard). Then, i got off the highway, drove around a bit and the noise wasn't appearing anymore. Went to a parking lot and drove in full lock to the right, then to the left, and a rubbing noise appeared with more knocking. Looked around the suspension a bit, nothing seems to be loose, although there is a bit of oil to the side of the axle boot on the new axle. Now the front left wheel makes a knock and a vibration that i can feel through the floor if I suddenly accelerate. Under smooth acceleration it's good. Also, the sway bar is very rusty, but seems solid as I couldn't move it a bit with my hand. Any ideas what could it be?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 12:11 AM   #2
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Probably one of the control arm bushings completely went bad.
Appreciate 0