2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions HELP. .. headlights out.

09-28-2023, 11:22 PM   #1
Ifanbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i GT Xdrive 2011

Exclamation HELP. .. headlights out.

Hi, I need help.
My headlight low beam bulb was out, so I changed the bulb, it did not work, so I took off the bumper removed the headlight and I thought cleaning everything should be fine. So I removed Name:  IMG_9680.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  605.4 KBnoticed corrosion on
Circuit board. I cleaned it with a cleaner(contact cleaner) and I also cleaned the module with that cleanerName:  IMG_9681.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  328.5 KB. I wanted for them to dry and then put them back on replaced the light. When I tried to turn the light on nothing comes on on that side only got light. I don’t know what I did wrong.

I know that the module is bad since it was corroded. But lights at least worked.

I had adaptive light malfunction message before. Now in the error window
It lists all the bulbs not working.

This happens only on passenger side light. Driver side works fine.
I really need help to figure out what went wrong. Do I need to reset something.

Thank you.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2023, 08:04 AM   #2
Cali_MSport
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30, 06 325i, 07 328i

I had the same issue. I was getting water splashing onto that circuit board which is for the halos and it was causing a lot of corrosion. I replaced it and also pulled the headlight and cleaned all of the plugs and connector put it all back and it's been fine since. I don't know if I'd get the module wet enough to where it has to dry. That could be a bad things in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 07:45 AM   #3
Ifanbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i GT Xdrive 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_MSport View Post
I had the same issue. I was getting water splashing onto that circuit board which is for the halos and it was causing a lot of corrosion. I replaced it and also pulled the headlight and cleaned all of the plugs and connector put it all back and it's been fine since. I don't know if I'd get the module wet enough to where it has to dry. That could be a bad things in my opinion.
Thank you. 🙏
Only thing works now is halo lights, nothing else works on that light. I tried one from Amazon, it did not work.
Where did you get the module from?

Last edited by Ifanbmw; 10-21-2023 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: Adding detail
Appreciate 0