2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 colors (to avoid) - or specification first?

01-22-2018, 04:20 PM   #23
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayphil View Post
Spec first, color after. 5 series can look good in any colors if done correctly even silver like mine, a color that many enthusiasm are tired of, can be very stunning. To me the time silver look at is best is during sunrise, sunset or during night....
Silver always looks great, most cars look great with nice metallic silver paint where other colors are more of a hit and miss type of thing. And I'm not saying that only because I own silver one - oh, who am I kidding, of course I am.

On a more serious note, it's totally matter of personal taste.
Silver might be a bit boring, but fairly safe bet.
To me, dark cars, while looking great under ideal showroom condition and lighting are impossible to keep clean, and also I find that sometimes all the subtle design lines that make these cars stand out are lost with dark colors.

But, you are on the right track bfleming RWD and manual first , then pick the color you like.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 05:25 PM   #24
bfleming
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Merc, VW, Porsche, Suzuki

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
Silver always looks great, most cars look great with nice metallic silver paint where other colors are more of a hit and miss type of thing. And I'm not saying that only because I own silver one - oh, who am I kidding, of course I am.

On a more serious note, it's totally matter of personal taste.
Silver might be a bit boring, but fairly safe bet.
To me, dark cars, while looking great under ideal showroom condition and lighting are impossible to keep clean, and also I find that sometimes all the subtle design lines that make these cars stand out are lost with dark colors.

But, you are on the right track bfleming RWD and manual first , then pick the color you like.
Best answer yet, thank you! I should have been more direct & just asked 'which colors are hot, and which are not?' but luckily your answer gave the answer I was hoping for - thanks buddy!
Appreciate 0