2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Farewell . . . sort of (M5 Incoming!!!)

05-26-2023, 06:16 PM   #1
Bozman52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Farewell . . . sort of (M5 Incoming!!!)

I've not been super active in the forum over the last couple years, but have continued to lurk a bit. Nonetheless, given that I've been around since 2017, I feel compelled to disclose that I'll be putting up my 530d for sale very soon, as I'm picking up an F10 M5 tomorrow!

Although I've spent an immense amount of time and money on my 530d, I really wanted more power, and after several years of looking, I finally decided the time was right to pull the trigger on a 2015 M5. I was very fortunate to find a car owned by many years by an enthusiast who took absolutely immaculate care of it. The car is also in the EXACT colour I wanted (both exterior and interior), with some exceptionally tasteful aftermarket things done. It needs absolutely nothing, but I'm sure I'll find something to upgrade anyway, because we just can't help ourselves . . .

So although I'll be spending more time in the F10 M5 part of the forum moving forward, I will still be around to chime in on non-M F10 stuff (I've become a bit of a brake expert on the X5M brake upgrade, among other things). I've learned so much from this community, so I guess I just wanted to thank those who have helped me over the years. Hopefully I find a similar community to this in the M5 part of the forum.

With that, I'll leave you with a pic of the outgoing and the incoming!
Attached Images

Last edited by Bozman52; 05-27-2023 at 02:17 AM..
Appreciate 2
      05-26-2023, 06:40 PM   #2
PNW_F10
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Just flat out - WOW. Congrats man, that is a complete stunner. What a color combo and those wheels just work prefect. Insane. As a fellow lover of my tuned F10, but obsessive lurker, please give us your thoughts on the M5 when you get settled in with it.

Again, amazing car you must be pumped a true beauty!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 07:06 PM   #3
Bozman52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_F10 View Post
Just flat out - WOW. Congrats man, that is a complete stunner. What a color combo and those wheels just work prefect. Insane. As a fellow lover of my tuned F10, but obsessive lurker, please give us your thoughts on the M5 when you get settled in with it.

Again, amazing car you must be pumped a true beauty!!!
The kind words are very much appreciated! I've waited a long time for this M5 to come along and feel so fortunate. The previous owner powdercoated the wheels in a satin graphite colour, which matches the carbon fiber accents so perfectly. He put a lot of thought into everything. The interior has some cool mods as well, including an M-performance steering wheel. I'm really looking forward to getting some seat time in it. Even though it's the same F10 platform as my 530d, it felt both familiar and very different during the test drive . . . but I suppose that's what 600hp will do to a guy who's not used to it!

As an aside, I can't help but note we share WA state in common. My home is actually WA, but I moved to the UK 12 years ago. I grew up in Centralia, went to college in Bellingham, then lived in Seattle for about 6 years.
Appreciate 0