2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Anyone use EBC brakes pads and rotors.

04-18-2018, 02:17 PM   #1
Gixxer550i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 550i

Garage List
2023 BMW G05  [0.00]
Anyone use EBC brakes pads and rotors.

Anyone have any experience with EBC pads and rotors? Good or bad?

I'm interested in the slotted and drilled. I've read slotted and drilled are prone to cracking and warping. Anyone had problems with the slotted and drilled? I just want the look. I don't drive hard.

They offer 2 sizes. Are the 14in one for 20in rims?

Which pads would you suggest?

Thanks for the reponses!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
John H.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i XDrive

EBC rotors are of very good quality. I've owned a couple sets. Did not experience any problems. BTW, most of their rotors have an option for dimpled and/or slotted. There is a limited number of rotors that are drilled through, and will be noted with "X" after the part number (eg., 1821X).

I have limited experience with their pads. I usually ran OEM pads with my EBC rotors. I did have a chance to install, break-in, and monitor Yellows on my friend's Audi S3. The break-in may take some time. Also, will give you a different brake feel....will take time to adjust.

I've run across incorrect part numbers at various online vendors. Use the EBC master catalog...

https://ebcbrakes.com/catalogs/

Their support is second to none. Email response is usually within a day. Also, they have a number you can call. They have offices in Las Vegas and Miami. I usually deal with Michael Tavarez out of their LV office.

Run your VIN at an online OEM parts dealer, get the size and/or info on the rotor/s. Match that with EBC rotor/s offered/listed.

Last edited by John H.; 04-20-2018 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: Added info.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 07:31 AM   #3
Gixxer550i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 550i

Garage List
2023 BMW G05  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John H. View Post
EBC rotors are of very good quality. I've owned a couple sets. Did not experience any problems. BTW, most of their rotors have an option for dimpled and/or slotted. There is a limited number of rotors that are drilled through, and will be noted with "X" after the part number (eg., 1821X).

I have limited experience with their pads. I usually ran OEM pads with my EBC rotors. I did have a chance to install, break-in, and monitor Yellows on my friend's Audi S3. The break-in may take some time. Also, will give you a different brake feel....will take time to adjust.

I've run across incorrect part numbers at various online vendors. Use the EBC master catalog...

https://ebcbrakes.com/catalogs/

Their support is second to none. Email response is usually within a day. Also, they have a number you can call. They have offices in Las Vegas and Miami. I usually deal with Michael Tavarez out of their LV office.

Run your VIN at an online OEM parts dealer, get the size and/or info on the rotor/s. Match that with EBC rotor/s offered/listed.
Thanks for the insight!
Appreciate 0