2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Tyres: What brand and pressure..

03-23-2019, 03:55 AM   #1
Hallstar
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 LCI - 520d - M-Sport - Sop

Tyres: What brand and pressure..

Good morning all..

I have an F10 520d M-Sport (63 plate) and am seeking recommendations based on real world experience.

My car is currently sat on Michelin Primacy HP (ZP) 245/40ZR19 on the front and 275/35ZR19 on the rear.

These are coming toward the end of their life and I would like to know whether to replace them like for like, or if there is a consensus of a better offering?

I predominately drive on the motorways (cruise at 80/mph), so am looking for longevity, fuel economy, quiet, and with good performance- wet or dry.

Should I stick with the Michelin Primacy HP (ZP)?
Should I keep to run flats?
What pressures best suit the car?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 06:15 AM   #2
mrashton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 G32 6GT; 2014 F45 218i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallstar View Post
Good morning all..

I have an F10 520d M-Sport (63 plate) and am seeking recommendations based on real world experience.

My car is currently sat on Michelin Primacy HP (ZP) 245/40ZR19 on the front and 275/35ZR19 on the rear.

These are coming toward the end of their life and I would like to know whether to replace them like for like, or if there is a consensus of a better offering?

I predominately drive on the motorways (cruise at 80/mph), so am looking for longevity, fuel economy, quiet, and with good performance- wet or dry.

Should I stick with the Michelin Primacy HP (ZP)?
Should I keep to run flats?
What pressures best suit the car?

TIA

You will get many opinions and this is mine based on experience with an SE F11 running on 19" wheels and a square setup unlike your "wider at the rear" set up.

I stick with like for like as the car came out of the factory. I did replace the Goodyears on the rear of mine with Michelins and was never happy. But remember that was my car which came from factory (As did all F11s) with Goodyear Excellence RFTs. My wife's F45 is on Michelins and they work well.

I will always stick with Runflats and those on my new 6GT are Pirellis and are comfortable and stable.

As for pressures, go with whatever the manufacturer specifies on the label on the B Pillar. I've always followed this and never had a problem.
Appreciate 0