2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Programming AHL for 528i xdrive 2014

06-06-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
rajforu
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 528i xdrive 2014

Exclamation Programming AHL for 528i xdrive 2014

Hi All,
I have replaced the damaged headlight assembly(fried headlight module and other AHL modules) with a headlight assembly taken from a different BMW.I took my car to a local shop for programming the headlight and AHL. The mechanic used his diagnostics tools to program the light and everything seemed to work but once I shut down the engine and start again the same error codes appear back again.How to fix this issue.Can somebody point me in the right direction to fix this issue. Don't want to go to a bmw dealer as they would charge a lot .Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Raj
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #2
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

You need to replace the STML/STMR module that controls the headlights functionality with a new uncoded module. Once encoded to a vehicle it cannot be recoded to another. This is the module that is a cartridge and installs into the back of the lamp housing. A legitimate BMW technician already knows this and would not have attempted to force an unsuccessful learn in, which is what your "mechanic" did. The module will complete the learn in and fault out, it will work until the ignition is cycled at which point it will be "dead" again.

The ballast, LED drivers and bulb are perfectly swapable from car to car.
Appreciate 0