2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Help with reading codes - Is this cable going to work?

05-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #1
slade runner
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

Help with reading codes - Is this cable going to work?

Hello,

I've spent the better part of a week reading and just am not getting anywhere...I didn't want to get flamed for asking a question without doing research.

I have a 2012 535xi with 74K miles - At this point I just want to see what's going on with my electric water pump. (I suspect it's going out because electric fan is cycling frequently around town) I'd like to look at any error codes or see if the pump is within the min/max.

I bought this cable on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've done a ton of searches, but only found one version of INPA. Got it installed, but it seems it only works with a USB type interface, whereas the cable I bought is ethernet.

Can someone help? Did I buy the right cable? If not, let me know what I need. Then, can someone help with a version of the INPA software that will work? I find all kinds of links, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 06:09 AM   #2
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 & G01

You can get a USB to Ethernet adapter for ENET cable.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 07:44 PM   #3
TZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive, 2014 435i CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade runner View Post
Hello,

I've spent the better part of a week reading and just am not getting anywhere...I didn't want to get flamed for asking a question without doing research.

I have a 2012 535xi with 74K miles - At this point I just want to see what's going on with my electric water pump. (I suspect it's going out because electric fan is cycling frequently around town) I'd like to look at any error codes or see if the pump is within the min/max.

I bought this cable on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've done a ton of searches, but only found one version of INPA. Got it installed, but it seems it only works with a USB type interface, whereas the cable I bought is ethernet.

Can someone help? Did I buy the right cable? If not, let me know what I need. Then, can someone help with a version of the INPA software that will work? I find all kinds of links, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for the help.
Yes, the ENET cable will work for F10.

Service Manual: www.newtis.info
Part: http://www.realoem.com
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 10:54 PM   #4
slade runner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreye View Post
You can get a USB to Ethernet adapter for ENET cable.
Thanks for the tip@ I ordered the adapter on amazon today and will be here tomorrow.

Do you have any tips on software download etc? I'm just grasping at straws since I don't know what I have will work.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 10:55 PM   #5
slade runner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ View Post
Yes, the ENET cable will work for F10.
Thanks for the reply, but can you tell me what software I need to find and download? I'm still unsure. I did order the usb/ethernet adapter today. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 07:42 AM   #6
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 & G01

Look for Rheingold ISTA/D. You can check the download link from Shawn from Bimmerfest.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade runner View Post
Thanks for the reply, but can you tell me what software I need to find and download? I'm still unsure. I did order the usb/ethernet adapter today. Thanks!
Poor guy, easy questions and nobody’s giving you a good answer. So first of all, return the adapter you just needlessly bought. The Ethernet cable is good enough.

Google Launcher pro 3.0 token master. That’ll take you to his official website. You need to purchase a code from him, he asks that you donate $50 to a charity of your choice and submit receipts to him. He’ll then provide you a code for launcher pro 3.0 with instructions.

Those instructions will come with more instructions on how to download and install eSys. So now you have launched pro 3.0 and eSys installed on your system. Awesome.

Don’t launch eSys directly, always use launcher pro to start eSys.

Once in eSys, click the connect button, select the correct chassis number and make sure you DO NOT CLICK THE ROW THAT SAYS “DIRECT” NEXT TO YOUR CHASSIS JUMBER. Near the bottom click connect via vin, and connect.

On the left panel, click External Applications. Double click Transmitter. Click connect. Scroll all the way down and find something that looks like it’ll read your DTCs.

They’ll likely be listed in some cryptic numbers which you can then just google and translate to the common tongue.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0