2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Rear airbags won't deflate - which part has failed?

10-12-2021, 04:25 PM   #1
Fraser-Z4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4

Rear airbags won't deflate - which part has failed?

Hi guys,

My Dad has an F11 (SE spec) with the rear air springs. Rather than having the common issue of the airbags deflating when parked, his appear to have been stuck in the fully raised position!

The measurement from bottom of rim to wheel arch is around 665mm which is about 40mm higher than spec I believe?

I've tried deflating the bags in ISTA and you can hear the pump working but no air being released/bled - both sides remain fully inflated/raised. Transport mode is also not active.

Has anybody else had this issue or have any idea which part is likely to have failed? I've had a search/Google and it didn't throw up much?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 05:15 PM   #2
surefire
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser-Z4 View Post
Hi guys,

My Dad has an F11 (SE spec) with the rear air springs. Rather than having the common issue of the airbags deflating when parked, his appear to have been stuck in the fully raised position!

The measurement from bottom of rim to wheel arch is around 665mm which is about 40mm higher than spec I believe?

I've tried deflating the bags in ISTA and you can hear the pump working but no air being released/bled - both sides remain fully inflated/raised. Transport mode is also not active.

Has anybody else had this issue or have any idea which part is likely to have failed? I've had a search/Google and it didn't throw up much?
I have exactly the same problem and can't find any info either. A long time has passed. Did you find the cause?
Appreciate 0