2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs PPF removal and reinstall- cost & ceramic coating Q.

04-02-2022, 10:33 PM   #1
sszablya
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 550xi

PPF removal and reinstall- cost & ceramic coating Q.

How much did you pay for PPF removal and reinstall? I have dealer installed PPF on my hood, fenders, headlights, and bumper. It's at or beyond its service life. I want to pull it off and have it reinstalled. I have a good shop in mind in Denver (owned by an acquaintance and they do a lot of exotics), but I'm certain they're going to ask a fortune for it and I'd like to have some knowledge about costs before I go visit them.

It doesn't help that I'm a DIY type of person who likes to think something like PPF is a garage job. (Wait, is it?)

Finally, I'm planning to do a ceramic coat (Adam's Polishes w/Graphene) after correcting the paint on my car. Should I even bother doing this before the PPF has been replaced? Or can I remove the PPF myself, then polish and ceramic coat, then have the shop install new 3M PPF?
Appreciate 0