2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes KW v3 no longer made? Need coilovers for my 535 X drive

06-02-2022, 03:01 AM   #1
automaz_
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
KW v3 no longer made? Need coilovers for my 535 X drive

Hey Guys,

So I just went through all the threads I could find on coilovers for x drive.

Seems like the consensus is that those who have KW v3 have no regrets and say it's a superb product.

I tried to contact KW V3 and they are telling me that they no longer produce the product. Has anyone purchased them recently?

If KW V3 aren't produced anymore … are neomax silvers my only option and for those who have the product … do you recommend I upgrade to swift springs if I end up having to buy Neomax?

Just recently replaced my rear springs and shocks with OEM ones because the spring in the rear broke but now I want coilovers since I'm doing FBO and stage 2+… would like the car not to drive like a boat due to the suspension
      06-02-2022, 06:06 AM   #2
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

That's annoying. And doesn't bode well for "lifetime warranty" coverage.

To my knowledge, they were made to order anyways. When I placed my order it took weeks/months to arrive and came from Germany. I think I was even told that for this kit they needed to make them specifically for me.

Not sure why KW can't just keep doing that - if demand is low there won't be any orders. The "made to order" volume level seems to be accounted for in the extremely high pricing...
Appreciate 1
automaz_272.50
      06-02-2022, 06:58 AM   #3
automaz_
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
That's annoying. And doesn't bode well for "lifetime warranty" coverage.

To my knowledge, they were made to order anyways. When I placed my order it took weeks/months to arrive and came from Germany. I think I was even told that for this kit they needed to make them specifically for me.

Not sure why KW can't just keep doing that - if demand is low there won't be any orders. The "made to order" volume level seems to be accounted for in the extremely high pricing...
Exactly what I was thinking the price is so high just keep doing the made to order. They told me they stopped in February or march of this year
      06-02-2022, 07:52 AM   #4
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

They are made to order due to low demand for F10 5 Series and eventually see no point in doing it due to cost so they discontinue.

They will still do the warranty if you have a defective unit. It's just internals that they repair here in USA. You would have to ship it to them for inspection and then repair. They will require proof of purchase.
Appreciate 1
automaz_272.50
      06-02-2022, 07:39 PM   #5
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

I had a chat with a retailer of KW products and they told me KW cut down their catalogue for the time being due to global supply shortages, but is unsure if they'll ever bring back the cut items even after the shortage.

Pretty unfortunate, but there are xDrive KW v3's floating around in various distributor warehouses, you should still be able to snag one with enough searching around.
Appreciate 1
automaz_272.50
      06-03-2022, 02:40 PM   #6
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
They are made to order due to low demand for F10 5 Series and eventually see no point in doing it due to cost so they discontinue.
Except that if no one is ordering them there is no cost. They already designed and developed them at the beginning. Honestly, for the price they charged for the X-Drive set up I would have thought all of the "low volume" costs were baked in to that high price.

Hopefully mine last a lifetime... Glad I didn't put it off any longer than I did.
Appreciate 1
automaz_272.50