2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2022: Austrian GP - Spielberg (July 10)

07-08-2022, 06:22 PM   #89
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Great qualifying session and well done by Max!

Merc mechanics have a long night ahead good grief.
Appreciate 3
NYG10571.50
      07-08-2022, 06:26 PM   #90
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Let me help you man ...

Attachment 2926184
That one is still the most egregious I've seen in a long time that wasn't punished. Ham straight up blew that corner and took away any chance Max had at getting DRS at the start there. We all know how the race wound up of course, but watching that race I couldn't believe they didn't penalize him in someway as he just blasted straight through that chicane and picked up over a second on Max by doing so. Huge advantage.
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      07-08-2022, 06:58 PM   #91
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
That one is still the most egregious I've seen in a long time that wasn't punished. Ham straight up blew that corner and took away any chance Max had at getting DRS at the start there. We all know how the race wound up of course, but watching that race I couldn't believe they didn't penalize him in someway as he just blasted straight through that chicane and picked up over a second on Max by doing so. Huge advantage.
HAM stole there a 2.5 sec. gap at that moment .

FIA marshals : "No further investigation is required" !

MAX onboard : Guys did you see that ?!?!

It was a shame for motorsports ..
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
NickyC17344.50
NYG10571.50
M5Rick58879.50
      07-08-2022, 06:59 PM   #92
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Quote:
What? It’s funny how people see things so differently or selectively remember… to me that was just excellent driving by Lewis, good prediction and quick thinking to avoid Max’s attempt to deliberately ram him and crash him out of the race… Lewis was quick to respond and dodged Max’s gross attempt… Max should have been penalized for that, not Lewis. And Lewis didn’t gain any advantage in his leaving the course, meanwhile the complete story is Max was an all-out menace on the track and threatening everyone’s safety. During that same race Max himself prior to that picture & without being pushed opted to cut the same corner and gained an advantage over Lewis.

There’s a reason a picture was posted and not the video clearly showing Max’s dangerous driving that led to Hamilton deft evasive action.
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2022, 07:04 PM   #93
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let me help you man ...
Thanks bro, do you have anything from the late 70’s you can pass off as applicable to this season. I think going farther back in archives is a great way to prove a point on things that happened today.

Maybe something with one of those 6 wheel F1 cars, that’ll do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 07:22 PM   #94
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
Quote:
Let me help you man ...
Thanks bro, do you have anything from the late 70’s you can pass off as applicable to this season. I think going farther back in archives is a great way to prove a point on things that happened today.
M5Rick58879.50
      07-08-2022, 07:23 PM   #95
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Maybe something with one of those 6 wheel F1 cars, that’ll do the trick.
I'm pretty sure your dude was exceeding the track limits today again by crashing in the wall .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
M5Rick58879.50
      07-08-2022, 07:28 PM   #96
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure your dude was exceeding the track limits today again by crashing in the wall .
Lol, you are right they didn’t penalize him for that.

And he ain’t my dude for the record, my dude is Carlos.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 07:29 PM   #97
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
What? It’s funny how people see things so differently or selectively remember… to me that was just excellent driving by Lewis, good prediction and quick thinking to avoid Max’s attempt to deliberately ram him and crash him out of the race… Lewis was quick to respond and dodged Max’s gross attempt… Max should have been penalized for that, not Lewis. And Lewis didn’t gain any advantage in his leaving the course, meanwhile the complete story is Max was an all-out menace on the track and threatening everyone’s safety. During that same race Max himself prior to that picture & without being pushed opted to cut the same corner and gained an advantage over Lewis.

There’s a reason a picture was posted and not the video clearly showing Max’s dangerous driving that led to Hamilton deft evasive action.
Hamilton straight blew through that corner, and he gained a large time advantage. He didn't slow down, he accelerated through the chicane and was far further ahead of Max than he was prior to entering the turn. Max had no shot at obtaining DRS at that point due to the advantage Hamilton gained and he also lost the slipstream effect going into the long straight.

I'm not arguing about whether or not Max forced him to cut the chicane. It's arguable he did of course, but it's also arguable he late braked into the turn and beat Hamilton to it. I'm simply starting that Hamilton full on smashed the throttle through the chicane and gained a huge time advantage at the start. Here's the video below, take a look at how close the cars were going into the corner, and then see where Hamilton is at the :30 second mark. He's basically a mile ahead, that was absolutely ridiculous and he should have been penalized.

Appreciate 3
NYG10571.50
M5Rick58879.50
      07-08-2022, 07:30 PM   #98
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Oh man, gotta ssay no - I can’t watch that again, seen it over 100 times in my life, one of the greatest all time.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 07:38 PM   #99
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Hamilton straight blew through that corner, and he gained a large time advantage. He didn't slow down, he accelerated through the chicane and was far further ahead of Max than he was prior to entering the turn. Max had no shot at obtaining DRS at that point due to the advantage Hamilton gained and he also lost the slipstream effect going into the long straight.

I'm not arguing about whether or not Max forced him to cut the chicane. It's arguable he did of course, but it's also arguable he late braked into the turn and beat Hamilton to it. I'm simply starting that Hamilton full on smashed the throttle through the chicane and gained a huge time advantage at the start. Here's the video below, take a look at how close the cars were going into the corner, and then see where Hamilton is at the :30 second mark. He's basically a mile ahead, that was absolutely ridiculous and he should have been penalized.
And HAM was very lucky there it wasn't a gravel trap like today ..

Appreciate 3
NickyC17344.50
NYG10571.50
M5Rick58879.50
      07-08-2022, 07:40 PM   #100
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thx for posting, I couldn’t find it. 18sec mark tells the whole story. If I was HAM I’d do the same, Max was a seething nut-job on the track last season, and especially during that race... you bet I’d keep my 10M car away from that dangerous half-drunk on adrenaline jackass. Hell yeah I’d gun it and cut the corner after that BS and put him in my rearviewmirror.

If it wasn’t for Max’s dangerous & erratic driving during that race, HAM wouldn’t have gone over the line and if he did, well he would have been penalized.

I don’t see how anyone can honestly blame Lewis for that move if you actually watched the race in it’s entirety and understood how dangerous Max was last season.

To Max’s credit, he’s way better this year… I’m guessing with a championship (albiet questionably won) under his belt, and I bet quietly the FIA or some others had some real sharp words for him about his shit driving last season… either way, he is very much acting like a professional F1 driver this year, not the dishonorable karting-deuche he was last year.
Appreciate 4
NickyC17344.50
minn1913970.00
tdott3930.50
      07-08-2022, 07:44 PM   #101
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Thx for posting, I couldn’t find it. If I was HAM I’d do the same, Max was a seething nut-job on the track last season, and especially during that race... you bet I’d keep my 10M car away from that dangerous half-drunk on adrenaline jackass. Hell yeah I’d gun it and cut the corner after that BS and put him in my rearviewmirror.

If it wasn’t for Max’s dangerous & erratic driving during that race, HAM wouldn’t have gone over the line and if he did, well he would have been penalized.

I don’t see how anyone can honestly blame Lewis for that move if you actually watched the race in it’s entirety and understood how dangerous Max was last season.

To Max’s credit, he’s way better this year… I’m guessing with a championship (albiet questionably won) under his belt, and I bet quietly the FIA or some others had some real sharp words for him about his shit driving last season… either way, he is very much acting like a professional F1 driver this year, not the dishonorable karting-deuche he was last year.
Sure no problem, I had to watch it again as the senior moments are getting more and more common for me these days.

Do I think Max dive bombed the corner? Yes. Do I think it was Hamilton's corner? Yes. My only issue is the advantage Hamilton gained by blowing the chicane and just flooring it. Now, I really can't give you an answer as to what he should have done. Perhaps slow down through the chicane and try to keep the same distance he had with Max on entering the turn? Possibly, but good luck trying to get that done in the heat of the moment and getting the position correct without risk of Max blowing by him because he slowed down too much.

I just personally think Hamilton got way too huge of an advantage coming out of that corner, and if not for Max's move of course the penalty would have been obvious. Maybe not such an easy call for the stewards the more I think about it, but certainly an interesting moment up for debate!
Appreciate 1
NYG10571.50
      07-08-2022, 08:05 PM   #102
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Lol, you are right they didn’t penalize him for that.

And he ain’t my dude for the record, my dude is Carlos.
Right . So your dude is the "EL MATADOR" . The gravel racer

Appreciate 3
NYG10571.50
DrFerry6722.50
M5Rick58879.50
      07-08-2022, 08:53 PM   #103
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

Quote:
Former F1 Champions + Entire F1 Community: Max is continuing off of probably the greatest season we've ever seen from a driver in 2021.

Lewis mouthbreathers: mAx Am BeTTuR ThIs YaR bCuz AgReSiV
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
      07-08-2022, 09:15 PM   #104
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

LEC favorite

LEC is driving nearly perfectly, Ferrari new wing is working and power deployment is best in class.

Max pulled a magic trick, LEC should have caught pole.

Merc suffered from a stalled floor which caught both drivers out, new suspension trick possibly.

If LEC can manage tires he should win, track position will be important tomorrow.

Red Bull loses quite a bit in corners, but gains in the last part of the 3 straight always covers. Max gains top speed in the last few meters, mostly due to a slight Ferrari clipping.

LEC never falls below 30% throttle mid corner and keeps 50% throttle through T9!

It should be an interesting race weekend.
Attached Images

NYG10571.50
      07-08-2022, 09:32 PM   #105
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:

Rewatch Lewis fighting with Massa, Hamilton used to hit and drive aggressively, he won a few WDC and aged.

All WDC are ultra aggressive. Maybe Damon Hill wasn’t, but he drove an incredible Williams.

Let’s see how Max drives at 37 (he will likely be retired but we can only hope he sticks around), so we can compare his behavior with Hamilton, similar aged drivers.
      07-08-2022, 09:33 PM   #106
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Honestly i don't see a lot of crashes at that turn unless you're aggressive on the throttle. Ham was being a bit aggressive at that turn/apex. It's a slow/moderate speed corner that immediately connects to a high speed/full throttle corner. Driver error

Edit: actually it sounds like he lifted mid corner and just lost grip
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58879.50
NYG10571.50
      07-08-2022, 11:24 PM   #107
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
Honestly i don't see a lot of crashes at that turn unless you're aggressive on the throttle. Ham was being a bit aggressive at that turn/apex. It's a slow/moderate speed corner that immediately connects to a high speed/full throttle corner. Driver error

Agreed, he went quite wide and missed the apex. He tried to correct with throttle to rotate the car without success.
      07-09-2022, 01:39 AM   #108
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Damn the perfect line. His braking points at turn 1 and 2 are nuts, right before the 50 sign.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58879.50
NYG10571.50
      07-09-2022, 04:20 AM   #109
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Always kind to an Iron Maiden fan.
Fan since 1986. Had that ACES HIGH poster on my bedroom wall next to Samantha Fox lol.

And a Gr B Lancia Delta S4.....

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 4
M5Rick58879.50
NYG10571.50
      07-09-2022, 04:28 AM   #110
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post

That could be it probably.

At the actual drivers lineup tbh I see Lewis and Max as the only 'superconsistent' drivers (and Alonso maybe) so I found that crash pretty strange. Was it bottoming, a tiny crosswind or both and Lewis overcorrecting the wheel. That's not him. On the dry. I still don't get it.

????
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58879.50
NYG10571.50