2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK 100k Miles or More

08-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10

100k Miles or More

Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone has hit the 100k miles mark and how the car is now in terms of driving, work requires and general ownership?

I'm curious to know what's in store.

I had an e34 on 160k Miles

Would be interesting to hear your stories!

Thanks
F10 M Sport, Alpine White, Professional Navigation, Reverse Camera, Power Bootlid, Sports Paddle-Shift Gearbox, Sun Protection Pack, Xenon Headlights, High-Gloss Black Shadow Line, 351M Sport Wheels, M Sport Suspension Deletion. Model Designation Deletion. Black Dakota Leather. Winter Tyres.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

I wonder this as well. My 535D is at 41000 and is 4 years old and I do about 9000 a year in it. I have it under extended warranty. Not sure when to bale on the car due to potentially expensive issues coming up.

Extended warranty costs after 60000 are ridiculous on the 5 series.

2013 Z4 35is + tons of options. CURRENT
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #3
gtthree
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

105k on mine with only one snapped rear spring a few years back. (530d purchased with 60k on the clock back in Sept 2014 as AUC)

However I do keep on top on maintenance and use only genuine OE parts:
Oil changes every 9k (Castrol LL04)
Rear diff oil replaced at 90k (plan to change every 30k)
ZF8HP gearbox oil and pan replaced at 90k (I'll change it at 140k or 160k if I still have the car in 3 years - but I'll probably move to a G30 540i in 2-3 years)

Just last week a hum started to emanate from the blower. I've yet to take the housing part (a ten minute job from you tube) and investigate whether it leaves, a broken housing filter or a bearing.

So overall fairly reliable.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 02:30 PM   #4
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
I wonder this as well. My 535D is at 41000 and is 4 years old and I do about 9000 a year in it. I have it under extended warranty. Not sure when to bale on the car due to potentially expensive issues coming up.

Extended warranty costs after 60000 are ridiculous on the 5 series.
Hi shiner

Similar to yourself I'm on 47k and only do 7k a year.

I too was wondering what's in store and have been pondering about the next few years with this car.

At my current rate, it will take another seven years from now to hit the 100k mark and I don't mind driving this car for another seven years as it's fit for purpose and I feel It's been a value for money purchase also.

I bought it Nearly New with the intention to own for at least ten years minimum.

It's been five already and they've flown by and the cars still feels and looks and drives like new.

Sp.
F10 M Sport, Alpine White, Professional Navigation, Reverse Camera, Power Bootlid, Sports Paddle-Shift Gearbox, Sun Protection Pack, Xenon Headlights, High-Gloss Black Shadow Line, 351M Sport Wheels, M Sport Suspension Deletion. Model Designation Deletion. Black Dakota Leather. Winter Tyres.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #5
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtthree View Post
105k on mine with only one snapped rear spring a few years back. (530d purchased with 60k on the clock back in Sept 2014 as AUC)

However I do keep on top on maintenance and use only genuine OE parts:
Oil changes every 9k (Castrol LL04)
Rear diff oil replaced at 90k (plan to change every 30k)
ZF8HP gearbox oil and pan replaced at 90k (I'll change it at 140k or 160k if I still have the car in 3 years - but I'll probably move to a G30 540i in 2-3 years)

Just last week a hum started to emanate from the blower. I've yet to take the housing part (a ten minute job from you tube) and investigate whether it leaves, a broken housing filter or a bearing.

So overall fairly reliable.
Nice to hear you've hit the 100k mark and have had some good work undertaken and will stand you on good stead.

I think the 9k oil changes are good idea.

I have been contemplating the zf gearbox service and confused over this sealed for life box point.

Glad to hear the cars running well and shows the true well built quality of the car

Furthermore the well built nature of the car further shows as you bought it with 60k and put another 55k on and it still being only four years old, the car has shown it can undertake some good usage.

Well done and glad to hear you looking to put some more miles on the car.

Sp
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 02:49 PM   #6
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I would love the forum to highlight the well built nature of these vehicles and the true German engineering which I'm sure was an element that attracted us owners to the brand and model

I'm sure with the right maintenance these cars may have an owner like Joe one day.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.c...r-persistence/

Sp
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 05:52 AM   #7
MILO GR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 Coupe - Crayon Grey

On Friday I picked up a 2011 F11 520d M Sport Manual to give my M4 Comp Pack a rest and somewhere to put the dogs, bikes etc. Cost me £6000, because it has 150k on it. In mineral grey, black leather, black roof lining etc. No nav but Combox so bluetooth etc. I use Waze anyhow so not bothered. It has a FBMWSH, clutch and DMF at 105k, new timing chain at 85k, decent tyres, just needs some discs and pads on the back, pads on the front and it is golden. Drove it 300 miles on Friday home, all good, no knocking, wobbling or smoke etc. Drove very well, gave me just under 50mpg in mixed driving.
Very happy man. Used my Bimmercode to sort out a few things like stop start etc.

I was looking at older Touaregs, ML's and Allroads, this offers everything but 4x4 but the running costs are so good.

Glad to see a nice active forum too.

Untitled
      08-05-2018, 06:13 AM   #8
MILO GR
Private First Class
Rep

ps = can anyone tell me how much control arms fitted are pls?
      08-05-2018, 06:29 AM   #9
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloM4 View Post
On Friday I picked up a 2011 F11 520d M Sport Manual to give my M4 Comp Pack a rest and somewhere to put the dogs, bikes etc. Cost me £6000, because it has 150k on it. In mineral grey, black leather, black roof lining etc. No nav but Combox so bluetooth etc. I use Waze anyhow so not bothered. It has a FBMWSH, clutch and DMF at 105k, new timing chain at 85k, decent tyres, just needs some discs and pads on the back, pads on the front and it is golden. Drove it 300 miles on Friday home, all good, no knocking, wobbling or smoke etc. Drove very well, gave me just under 50mpg in mixed driving.
Very happy man. Used my Bimmercode to sort out a few things like stop start etc.

I was looking at older Touaregs, ML's and Allroads, this offers everything but 4x4 but the running costs are so good.

Glad to see a nice active forum too.

Untitled
Hi miles

Thanks for your reply!

Nice to hear as an m4 owner you decided to also have a 520d as well. Also with the mileage it has and the work done to it, very good need to hear it's still driving like it should and is a testament to the build quality.

It has given us all hope Im happy to say.

And for the price I think it's a lovely car and a lot of car.!

Well done!

Thanks for sharing and good to hear your browsing the 5 forums and contributing as well. Please do so.

I know it's a bit quiet compared to the 3 and m3/4 forums, I do have a look but as a non owner can't really comment on there much.

Well done and keep posting!

Sp
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 09:35 AM   #10
MILO GR
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp123 View Post
Hi miles

Thanks for your reply!

Nice to hear as an m4 owner you decided to also have a 520d as well. Also with the mileage it has and the work done to it, very good need to hear it's still driving like it should and is a testament to the build quality.

Well done!

Thanks for sharing and good to hear your browsing the 5 forums and contributing as well. Please do so.

I know it's a bit quiet compared to the 3 and m3/4 forums, I do have a look but as a non owner can't really comment on there much.

Sp
Cheers SP, I always use forums whenever I have bought cars (RR Sport, TT's, Mini's for the wife, RS4's etc) and glad to be on board. I will keep everyone updated as the miles go onto it. Got another 400 mile day on Wednesday and then a week long trip to Devon at the end of the month.
      08-05-2018, 01:08 PM   #11
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi miles

Thanks for your reply!

Well done!

Sp
Cheers SP, I always use forums whenever I have bought cars (RR Sport, TT's, Mini's for the wife, RS4's etc) and glad to be on board. I will keep everyone updated as the miles go onto it. Got another 400 mile day on Wednesday and then a week long trip to Devon at the end of the month.
Glad to here you will be visiting here more often.

As I wrote on another thread re Timing chains, I'm having the mindset of the old Ferrari 348 owners who were scared to drive the car frequently especially hard in case they popped the engine. - I have been scared to put the car to good use and long journeys incase the timing chain went and need to be towed. - after reading your last two post it has inspired me now to actually use the and your driving 300-400 miles with confidence and I need to do the same. Thank u for this!

Ps just out of curiosity how was the rs4 to own

And are you doing the trip in the 5 because of the hauling capacity of it? Bikes, roof rack and boot space etc.

Sp
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #12
MILO GR
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

As I wrote on another thread re Timing chains, I'm having the mindset of the old Ferrari 348 owners who were scared to drive the car frequently especially hard in case they popped the engine. - I have been scared to put the car to good use and long journeys incase the timing chain went and need to be towed. - after reading your last two post it has inspired me now to actually use the and your driving 300-400 miles with confidence and I need to do the same. Thank u for this!

And are you doing the trip in the 5 because of the hauling capacity of it? Bikes, roof rack and boot space etc.

Sp
Get it used pal!!

I had a 997 Porsche that after 50k went pop. The IMS Bearing went, it was 7 years old. I phoned Porsche has it had a FSH and they said, '50k, yup, thats normal'.... £13k full rebuild later and I lost all love and faith for the car. That was fragile, these units are definately not. I have a pal who owns a very large nationwide recovery company, he drives a Merc E220 with 320k on it, and it has never let him down, he says to me that he picks up over 40 Range Rovers or Discoverys per BMW or Merc he recovers. There is a reason we buy these, they are very strong and build quality is strong.

RS4... it was a 2015 that I got for my 40th. It was nice but dull. Fast in a straight line but it didn't get the adrenaline going like both of my M4's have. The tech was pants inside too......

As an aside.... I came back to my new M4 ZCP after a 2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography. LR bought it back after I had total brake failure twice, once in the fast lane going a little swiftly. I managed not to crash it, just, but I did soil my seat! After being told by the dealer and JLR CS that I must have imagined it.... I instructed a lawyer and they bought it back at full cost. I will never buy a JLR product for the rest of my days. Shame. Look awesome but are poorly made.

Untitled

MAIN pic

M4 Ellenborough PK april16

Rs4 black April 2nd
      08-05-2018, 02:28 PM   #13
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Sp
Get it used pal!!

I had a 997 Porsche that after 50k went pop. The IMS Bearing went, it was 7 years old. I phoned Porsche has it had a FSH and they said, '50k, yup, thats normal'.... £13k full rebuild later and I lost all love and faith for the car. That was fragile, these units are definately not. I have a pal who owns a very large nationwide recovery company, he drives a Merc E220 with 320k on it, and it has never let him down, he says to me that he picks up over 40 Range Rovers or Discoverys per BMW or Merc he recovers. There is a reason we buy these, they are very strong and build quality is strong.

RS4... it was a 2015 that I got for my 40th. It was nice but dull. Fast in a straight line but it didn't get the adrenaline going like both of my M4's have. The tech was pants inside too......

As an aside.... I came back to my new M4 ZCP after a 2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography. LR bought it back after I had total brake failure twice, once in the fast lane going a little swiftly. I managed not to crash it, just, but I did soil my seat! After being told by the dealer and JLR CS that I must have imagined it.... I instructed a lawyer and they bought it back at full cost. I will never buy a JLR product for the rest of my days. Shame. Look awesome but are poorly made.

[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1724/...b16925ca_c.jpg[/img]Untitled

[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/905/4...f9cfbe1d_c.jpg[/img]MAIN pic

[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1584/...58974656_c.jpg[/img]M4 Ellenborough PK april16

[img]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8742/...36370038_c.jpg[/img]Rs4 black April 2nd
I really want to use it and these recent horror stories online has got me worried. Growing up these cars and your mates merc were the reason I wanted these cars, for the bomb proof build quality but I think it's all changed and the more complex the cars have become more is going wrong with them. I had a e34 on 160k and that felt strong and well built.

Sorry to hear your 997 Porsche after 50k went pop.

The cars you've had are then cars I've wanted and the fact you've owned and driven them and experienced them is invaluable for me to hear. Cars which I thought were well built and bulletproof.

Your mate who drives a Merc E220 with 320k on it, and it has never let him down, knows a thing or two about reliability.

His own choice of cars tells me that these cars are capable of the use as you said and the mileage. I'm sure he must have maintained the serving to a high standard etc

Can't believe Range Rovers or Discoverys or not as reliable as I thought. I was led to believe they are rough and tough cars hence can take serious use. And he recovers them more than BMW or Merc.

RS4... looks incredible again I car I would've loved. Nice pressie for your 40th. Everyone bangs on about awd and how poor rwd drive, can't believe it's actually dull to drive. Now I know why you've had two m4's must be awesome. Guy in my street had yas marina, excellent colour. Reminded me of the Laguna seca blue in 02 in e46 m3. Awesome colours.

2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography again very high spec car. Can't believe it actually turned out dangerous. Don't blame you for not wanted to buy the brand again..you're right Looking at your pics they're awesome but are poorly made and only the owner knows what it's like to live with so thanks for sharing.

I know people say buy Japanese for well build but they are dull to drive and I want a bm merc or audi for the build quality as well which they are capable of so that's the easy road out.

What your competition pack m like

Must be good if you had two m4's.

Ps in your experience whats the best all round family Car with build quality and reliability excluding jap.

Sp
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #14
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

Nice m4.... I was so close to getting a 4 after my f10 but ended up with a newer f11 and I love it. Great car
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #15
MILO GR
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Ps in your experience whats the best all round family Car with build quality and reliability excluding jap.

Sp
Comp pack is awesome, I have the M Performance kit on it including the exhaust which sounds amazing, make a V6 sound like a monster...

Untitled

Untitled

I have not found anything that makes me smile like the M4. Test drove a Jag F Type (out after RRS...), new RS4 (again, lovely but didn't give me butterflies), RS5 (nice, but heavy to drive), RS6 (almost bought a used one, was great, but the Audi finance is rubbish and they have a hesitance to negotiate, if he'd come down £50 a month I would have had it...) and C63S (nice but again Merc finance is not great, BMW gave me such a good deal as a returning customer, that I could not say no).

For your last Q SP, I personally think the best all round family wagon on the market today is either the G series 530d M Sport Touring https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/...to/first-drive
or the 4Matic E300h AMG series Mercedes http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercede...ic-2017-review

Driven both, Merc is very very well put together now, especially in the AMG Sport series. Set a day apart and book some test drives with Audi, Merc and BMW and see what you think of the new cars. I was given a Merc C63S estate for 24 hours, for simply asking for it. I also got an i8 for 24 hours about 18 months ago.... Just ask!

Different things in cars please different people, if we didn't each have our own opinion this would be a dull world, I love
the way BMW's feel. Others prefer Audi's. Others prefer Japanese.

I could talk cars for days......
      08-05-2018, 11:44 PM   #16
Apples12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520D LCI auto

520d, 2013/LCI n47 engine, currently on 110k miles, putting approx 5-600 miles per week on it, car has not wanted for anything.

Has all of its services done by BMW when the idrive tells me they're due along with an interim oil change every 10k done by myself.

Brake pads changed approx every 50-60k, next set are due quite soon, possibly this weekend along with oil change

Probably on 4th set of tires but difficult to keep track as it always gets winters put on it from Oct/Nov until April

Has had its guibo bushing, engine and gearbox mountings changed by BMW under warranty to try and fix a low frequency vibration at motorway speeds - did not fix it at all

Genuine rear view camera, Tpms, 6wb, speed camera limit emulator and leather bound steering wheel all retrofitted by myself

Gearbox and differential oil changed at 90k, next one to be done at 130k

Headlight bulbs on their way out - will be changed this weekend when the wheels are off for brake change

Apart from the above I can't think if I've done or had anything else done to it!

Hoping for this car to hit 200k and probably change it up for a newer one around that mileage... Solid car!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 05:08 AM   #17
bfleming
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Merc, VW, Porsche, Suzuki

Garage List
Quote:
On Friday I picked up a 2011 F11...
Apart from any of the allegedly common issues, the thing to remember on the F11 is that it doesn't have rear springs, but a self-levelling airbag system. These airbags are a nasty design, and they wear out & burst. Swapping them is a doddle, it took me about 20 minutes (17mm socket to get the wheel bolts off, a jack & axle stand, and a 10mm open spanner to disconnect the air line to the bag - and that's it). If you're going to keep the car, maybe keep a spare airbag handy. Mine are now both new, but I'll consider buying some spares for WHEN (not IF) they go again!
Suzuki GSXR 750 2004/04
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 06:15 AM   #18
MILO GR
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfleming View Post
Apart from any of the allegedly common issues, the thing to remember on the F11 is that it doesn't have rear springs, but a self-levelling airbag system. These airbags are a nasty design, and they wear out & burst. Swapping them is a doddle, it took me about 20 minutes (17mm socket to get the wheel bolts off, a jack & axle stand, and a 10mm open spanner to disconnect the airline to the bag - and that's it). If you're going to keep the car, maybe keep a spare airbag handy. Mine are now both new, but I'll consider buying some spares for WHEN (not IF) they go again!
Cheers pal. I will buy some to keep as spares. This was however one of the servicable items replaced at the 105mile dealer service I have the receipt for. 2 x airbags.
      08-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #19
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Sp
Comp pack is awesome, I have the M Performance kit on it including the exhaust which sounds amazing, make a V6 sound like a monster...

[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1830/...30c4dd03_c.jpg[/img]Untitled

[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/853/4...1aa9606b_c.jpg[/img]Untitled

I have not found anything that makes me smile like the M4. Test drove a Jag F Type (out after RRS...), new RS4 (again, lovely but didn't give me butterflies), RS5 (nice, but heavy to drive), RS6 (almost bought a used one, was great, but the Audi finance is rubbish and they have a hesitance to negotiate, if he'd come down £50 a month I would have had it...) and C63S (nice but again Merc finance is not great, BMW gave me such a good deal as a returning customer, that I could not say no).

For your last Q SP, I personally think the best all round family wagon on the market today is either the G series 530d M Sport Touring https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/...to/first-drive
or the 4Matic E300h AMG series Mercedes http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercede...ic-2017-review

Driven both, Merc is very very well put together now, especially in the AMG Sport series. Set a day apart and book some test drives with Audi, Merc and BMW and see what you think of the new cars. I was given a Merc C63S estate for 24 hours, for simply asking for it. I also got an i8 for 24 hours about 18 months ago.... Just ask!

Different things in cars please different people, if we didn't each have our own opinion this would be a dull world, I love
the way BMW's feel. Others prefer Audi's. Others prefer Japanese.

I could talk cars for days......
M performance exhaust looks amazing. Love the logos on it and the carbon fibre

You've driven some good cars and looked into others and came back for the m4's. As you said there's a reason behind choosing it.

For your recommendations I think they're both very versatile and good cars - thanks

Good to hear the merc is well put together now

They went through a dodgy patch.

You could talk cars for days...... glad to hear some fresh views and opinions.

Sp
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 10:31 AM   #20
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples12 View Post
520d, 2013/LCI n47 engine, currently on 110k miles, putting approx 5-600 miles per week on it, car has not wanted for anything.

Has all of its services done by BMW when the idrive tells me they're due along with an interim oil change every 10k done by myself.

Brake pads changed approx every 50-60k, next set are due quite soon, possibly this weekend along with oil change

Probably on 4th set of tires but difficult to keep track as it always gets winters put on it from Oct/Nov until April

Has had its guibo bushing, engine and gearbox mountings changed by BMW under warranty to try and fix a low frequency vibration at motorway speeds - did not fix it at all

Genuine rear view camera, Tpms, 6wb, speed camera limit emulator and leather bound steering wheel all retrofitted by myself

Gearbox and differential oil changed at 90k, next one to be done at 130k

Headlight bulbs on their way out - will be changed this weekend when the wheels are off for brake change

Apart from the above I can't think if I've done or had anything else done to it!

Hoping for this car to hit 200k and probably change it up for a newer one around that mileage... Solid car!
Hi apples

I'm impressed and truly inspired to hear what your mileage is and you to hit the 200k mark

That's real faith and confidence in the vehicle

I have a 520d, 2011 n47 engine, currently on 47k miles, putting very nominal mileage on due to be worry of causing damage to the timing chain and more importantly being towed in a journey and the disruption and inconvenience.

I have warranty with bmw.

I've had all its services done by BMW when the idrive tells me they're due but haven't done an interim one.

Under warranty I've had the following

New button on steering wheel to answer a call and end call for the Bluetooth telephone

New steering rack due to steering vibration

New right side headlamp unit due to water ingress and condensation

And engine mounts due to vibration when turning at slow speed.

Other than that it's just wheels refurbs and a smart repair on bumper

Still on original tyre due to having a winter set.

Pads front and back have been done once and front discs Once

What's 6wb? I've not heard of this.

And how did you install the speed camera function?

Thanks

Sp
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 02:40 AM   #21
bfleming
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Merc, VW, Porsche, Suzuki

Garage List
Quote:
I have a 520d, 2011 n47 engine, currently on 47k miles, putting very nominal mileage on due to be worry of causing damage to the timing chain and more importantly being towed in a journey and the disruption and inconvenience.
I had to read this a few times to decide whether or not you're being serious. If you are, then why bother having a diesel - or even driving - at all? Modern cars are broadly very reliable compared to older ones, and as someone that used to do 40,000 miles/year, there are certain cars I'd avoid as I used to see them by the side of motorways all the time. Like a 20 year old E46. Don't believe everything you read about timing chains.
Nominal mileage (assuming done in short distances) means the engine will never get up to full running temperature, meaning regenerations of the DPF will be few & far between. Not to mention oil performance as that takes even longer to get warm than coolant (which I suppose could and would affect timing chain longevity). I'm not having a go, I'm just... well... baffled.
Anyhow, 6WB is the full digital instrument cluster, 6WA is the 'half' digital cluster. Most F10's have neither, just the smaller display under the rev counter. Both 6WA and 6WB are popular retrofits.
Suzuki GSXR 750 2004/04
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #22
Apples12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520D LCI auto

Quote:
Hi apples

I'm impressed and truly inspired to hear what your mileage is and you to hit the 200k mark

That's real faith and confidence in the vehicle

I have warranty with bmw.

I've had all its services done by BMW when the idrive tells me they're due but haven't done an interim one.

Under warranty I've had the following

New button on steering wheel to answer a call and end call for the Bluetooth telephone

New steering rack due to steering vibration

New right side headlamp unit due to water ingress and condensation

And engine mounts due to vibration when turning at slow speed.

Other than that it's just wheels refurbs and a smart repair on bumper

Still on original tyre due to having a winter set.

Pads front and back have been done once and front discs Once

What's 6wb? I've not heard of this.

And how did you install the speed camera function?

Thanks

Sp
Yup, 6wb is the full screen cluster, really transforms the look of the car

You can get an emulator for speed limit info off AliExpress, I got mine from carsystems.com.ua but they don't seem to have it listed at the moment.

It taps into the can bus and power wiring behind the cluster

If you own a diesel...drive it and drive it hard, that's what they want... If the chain starts to make a noise - get it repaired/updated parts put in.. should keep on trucking thereafter for ages!

Brake pads front and rear done today, spotted my rear diff bushing was sporting at least two legs which were completely torn...so that needs attending to!
Appreciate 0