GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

12-06-2016, 10:15 PM   #67
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
I don't recall reading anything that says do not put the car in M Mode during break-in period. All it said is do not exceed 5500 RPM and / or 170 KM/H

Where did this myth about not putting the car in M mode during the break-in period come from? It's fine as long as you don't abuse the throttle and rev it up all the way right?
Correct. Go crazy with the most aggressive settings... just don't rag the shit out of the car during break in. Even if you decide to go crazy w/ it, the car will be fine. They are engineered to take the abuse.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #68
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Genius didn't tell me anything about a RPM limitation for break in. Only thing he said was doing go drifting or do any track days until after the break in work is done.

Then again, he also said the break in service was mostly for the brakes, so there's that.
Appreciate 0