2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Please help me make sense of this

12-06-2019, 09:17 PM   #1
BMW FOREVER
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i Xdrive

Question Please help me make sense of this

Hi Guys,

I am currently shopping for a F10 (535i or 550i). I came across this vehicle

https://www.autopricecanada.com/used...-id9758439.htm

Now the issue is that, this vehicle clearly shows the night vision camera and the active cruise control options( 2 extra buttons on the steering wheel as well as the sensor cover on the front bumper) on it. It even looks like the 2013 model with NBT and xdrive logo at the rear rather than the sides.

However, when you look at the vin number on the website WBAFU9C5XCDW93633 it does not include the 2 options mentioned above and the production date is 04/2012 (which is a 2012 model year). I spoke to the dealer and he said no way can the VIN number be wrong.

I have never come across VIN decoder (I tried multiple decoders and all came up with the same result) not being accurate.

Kindly advise what the issue could be. Are these options even retrofit-able? Only thing I can think of is that the precious owner retrofit these options.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FOREVER View Post
...Kindly advise what the issue could be. Are these options even retrofit-able? Only thing I can think of is that the precious owner retrofit these options.
If interested in the car...before I would step foot on their lot (if not local) would be for them to verify that the VIN in the listing actually belongs to the car pictured. And also ask for them to provide photographic evidence of the VIN label on the door jamb and/or engine bay (or other VIN location like behind the rear license plate in the US market).

If the lot is local & convenient to do a drive-by...then I'd do that after hours and check that the VIN in the ad matches the car on the lot (or vice versa)...you can see if the night vision and left steering wheel pod matches up. If it does, then something has been done to the car since it left the factory production line. Which could mean a PO upgrade/mod.

Mistakes can happen when uploading pics especially if they have a similarly colored model on their lot.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0