2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding lsturbointeg's audio build thread!

07-15-2020, 11:42 PM   #23
Phiwee
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiwee View Post
Man do you mind how much you ended up spending for this set up?
I'm really wanting to upgrade the audio in this car too, been thinking about doing the Bavsound set up since I keep seeing their ads. It's like they know!
copied from a post i responded to

$874 Matchup7BMW amp
$391 Gladen Alphas
$17.48 amp kit
$25 OEM harness adapter kit
$20 cables/loom
$30 pry tool kit (plastic/screwdriver type)
$284 Rockford Fosgate 12"sub enclosure
$0 labor (indy shop quoted $400 cause it's a BMW and if they broke anything they're not liable)

Total $1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
Man do you mind how much you ended up spending for this set up?
I'm really wanting to upgrade the audio in this car too, been thinking about doing the Bavsound set up since I keep seeing their ads. It's like they know!
copied from a post i responded to

$874 Matchup7BMW amp
$391 Gladen Alphas
$17.48 amp kit
$25 OEM harness adapter kit
$20 cables/loom
$30 pry tool kit (plastic/screwdriver type)
$284 Rockford Fosgate 12"sub enclosure
$0 labor (indy shop quoted $400 cause it's a BMW and if they broke anything they're not liable)

Total $1642
Thanks for getting back to me!

You think if I just did the Match7BMW amp it would make a big difference?

I did an amp upgrade in my 3 series and it did, but it didn't cost as much as this one
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 12:42 AM   #24
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me!

You think if I just did the Match7BMW amp it would make a big difference?

I did an amp upgrade in my 3 series and it did, but it didn't cost as much as this one
From my post.earlier

Now that i got the Matchup amp installed i turned the audio on to hear the difference before swapping out the speakers. first thing i noticed was it was much louder and the clarity was much cleaner before any tuning was done. bass/treble setting were still set at 50%. i still had the driver side door speaker rattling but immediately i can hear the difference in sound quality. highs were cleaner and brighter and the mids were more pronounced. the underseat subs however sounded like shit! more muddier than anything.

Swapping out the speakers to the Gladens was a totally night and day difference especially at loud volumes
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 10:47 AM   #25
Phiwee
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Lol! So speakers sounded good but subs sounded like shit huh

So definitely seems like I can't just do an amp upgrade like these other companies are saying and would be looking to spend something close to what you did ball park range.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 12:45 PM   #26
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Lol! So speakers sounded good but subs sounded like shit huh

So definitely seems like I can't just do an amp upgrade like these other companies are saying and would be looking to spend something close to what you did ball park range.
Just swapping the amp makes the stock system louder but the musical tone just isn't there. The stock speakers weren't meant for an amp really even tho manufacturers claim it does. Upgrading your speakers is a must since they crave power to sound their best
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0