2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Just hit 132k with OE. What should I be replacing?

01-15-2024, 04:10 AM   #1
mickeyvalentine
Otaku
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i

Just hit 132k with OE. What should I be replacing?

2016 550i WBAKN9C59GD963081

Basically what the title says. I haven't replaced anything cept brakes and oil since I got the car with around 50k miles on it. AFAIK it still has the original spark plugs from factory just to put that into perspective. ( I'm working on it) I'm surprised it has made it this long and I threw my first misfire last week. Anywho...

So are there any ball joints, control arms, stabilizers or bushings I should be monitoring or replacing?

I'm just getting overwhelmed and don't know where to start as far as the other stuff. I've inspected some of the joints when I do have the wheels off but not as thoroughly as I should be. Lemforder is the top result on FCP and they have kits, but i'm looking for input before i start throwing money at the car vs buying 1 or 2 things instead. Not sure if motor/trans mounts count as suspension components but if they do, feel free to give your 2 pennies on that too.

I'm planning on getting a Bilstein 46-195128 B12 kit, after spending a few days on the multiple forums doing my research. Also going to replace the spring pads upper and lower.

Current symptoms:

• My car sits lower on the rear driver side currently. (1 finger gap vs 3.5ish on the passenger side)
• Old apartment complex installed demon bumps that hit hard and scraped the car no matter how delicate I took them. But the ride feels worse after they did and I hear clicking noises while taking driveways and turning now. I'm in SoCal so driveways and potholes vary but oooo do they hurt.
• The ride on the freeways is, bad. I hardly use them but when I do its for 50+ mile trips and feels like I'm on a carnival ride between 72-81 mph (my left headlight shakes up and down now due to the severity of the vibrations.)
•Previous owner curbed ALL wheels so i'm sure there is something broken, bent or worn from that also

2016 LCI 550i Glacier Silber

Appreciate 0