2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions 2014 BMW LED Headlight Replacement Coding

07-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
HawaiianStig
Rep
Drives: 2014 MSport 550i Carbon Black

2014 BMW LED Headlight Replacement Coding

Wondering if anyone can give me some info with the following issue:

Had a cracked drivers side headlight and the Headlight control module pretty much fried due to water damage.

So I bought a used headlight assembly 63117352485
(exactly the same part number as my original) and 3 brand new modules from Lichtex.de (LED module for cornering light, LED Module for turn signal and Headlight control module).

I've tried to initialise the Headlight control module with ISTA+ but keep getting an error saying it's not coded to my car.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #2
HawaiianStig
Rep
Drives: 2014 MSport 550i Carbon Black

After watching a couple of Youtube videos and some great info and insight from "shawnsheridan", a friend of mine in CA was able to remote into my laptop connected to my car and code the New Headlight Module with ESYS.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2023, 09:42 AM   #3
Edvins
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianStig View Post
After watching a couple of Youtube videos and some great info and insight from "shawnsheridan", a friend of mine in CA was able to remote into my laptop connected to my car and code the New Headlight Module with ESYS.
Two questions:

1) WHen your replaced the fried headlight module with the new one, did your headlight work at all? (I'm going thru this same repair, and my new housing and module do not work at all - no headlight) I'm hoping it is just coding that is needed to get it to work.
2) Do you happen to know if there is a procedure available that describes how to do coding with e-sys?

Thanks in advance,

Ed
Appreciate 0