2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes ISC N1 Suspension Installed! (No DIY)

08-30-2020, 11:30 PM   #1
whinojosa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i (6sp)

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
ISC N1 Suspension Installed! (No DIY)

Finally got the car lowered and wheels/tires on!!

Suspension is ISC N1 Coilover. They are street comfort spec. I've had this setup on my old 325i so I knew for the most part what to expect.

For this install, I had a shop do it as when I installed on my old 325, i was burning the midnight oil and I don't have a garage anymore either.

They set the height perfectly at about a finger gap at both front and rear. Not slammed by any stretch but visibly lowered. The shop set the damping right in the middle of this 32-way setup. Obviously had the same shop align the car and the built-in camber plates included were helpful in getting great alignment with a lower setup.

In terms of handling, this car is completely different from stock, non-sport. It hugs and hunkers down in tight corners and on/off ramps alike. The 535 in its stock form is a boat. This setup does make you almost forget you're in a two-ton car.

As far as ride quality, it's definitely noticeably harsher and immensely firmer. At times it's somewhat too noticeable. When hitting uneven road patches, you definitely feel it. If ride quality is a large concern - I definitely recommend another setup. I don't mind too much but haven't done much exploring with the damping either. I'm sure I can soften it up a bit. The only problem is that you have to remove the rear speaker covers to access the damping adjustment slots.

Wheels are VMR v705. Love a clean 5-spoke design and I think it really makes the car stand out. Tires are Bridgestone S001, 245/40-19. Absolutely love these tires. They will not break loose no matter how hard I've pushed!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-31-2020, 07:50 AM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

looks good bro!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 10:55 PM   #3
whinojosa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i (6sp)

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Thanks!

Forgot to mention in the original thread - it's a manual transmission as well!
Appreciate 0