2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New f10 owner can anyone help with ideas/solutions to....

09-18-2018, 03:00 AM   #1
Fifihere
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 2011 528i

New f10 owner can anyone help with ideas/solutions to....

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forums, but see alot of good posts and hoping someone might be able to help with a few situations i have encountered. I bought my f10 528i 10 months ago. No warranty i might add. Within 2 months i had a ! Show up with the following:

"Daytime running light malfunction" upon checking my lights, sure enough i have the halo light out on passenger side.i have looked and tried to find online to no avail. Is this a bulb, or my concern a larger and mire complex (i.e. expensive) fix?

Also, i had a warning battery low charge, drive longer distances etc. I had starter and alternator checked, both were fine. Problem was battery, so last week, i replaced the battery. Now tonight, that darn warning came back of low battery.....has anyone experienced or maybe shed light as to what might be issue??

I TRUELY appreciate any help or guidance in these issues. I was so satisfied with my car, now I am becoming fearful I might have issues (major ones) i was hoping i would avoid! Thanks again for ANY insight!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 06:56 AM   #2
The TRG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340ix Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifihere View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forums, but see alot of good posts and hoping someone might be able to help with a few situations i have encountered. I bought my f10 528i 10 months ago. No warranty i might add. Within 2 months i had a ! Show up with the following:

"Daytime running light malfunction" upon checking my lights, sure enough i have the halo light out on passenger side.i have looked and tried to find online to no avail. Is this a bulb, or my concern a larger and mire complex (i.e. expensive) fix?

Also, i had a warning battery low charge, drive longer distances etc. I had starter and alternator checked, both were fine. Problem was battery, so last week, i replaced the battery. Now tonight, that darn warning came back of low battery.....has anyone experienced or maybe shed light as to what might be issue??

I TRUELY appreciate any help or guidance in these issues. I was so satisfied with my car, now I am becoming fearful I might have issues (major ones) i was hoping i would avoid! Thanks again for ANY insight!
Make sure it's not referring to your key fob battery.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 11:32 PM   #3
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Mine was a comfort access issue; trunk sensor.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 12:21 AM   #4
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

Welcome to the ongoing list of issues that never end...
      09-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #5
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 %E2%80%9C22%E2%80%9D MSpor

Quote:
Hello everyone,

eBay has the led driver for a good price. If your a DIY'er you can do this. Look it up and read details, this might be the right part.

BMW's are meant for long drives, try n take a weekend road trip to charge that system, local drives will kill your batt pretty quick. M cars call for battery changes at every maintenance oil change.. I doubt they actually honor that. I drive almost 90miles a day & never had a charge issue. Steady highway RPM's charge the system

If your the worrying type DONT run a diagnostic check lol. You'll have like 40 codes. Efffff BMW lol
Attached Images

09-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #6
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynjoker View Post
Quote:
Hello everyone,

eBay has the led driver for a good price. If your a DIY'er you can do this. Look it up and read details, this might be the right part.

BMW's are meant for long drives, try n take a weekend road trip to charge that system, local drives will kill your batt pretty quick. M cars call for battery changes at every maintenance oil change.. I doubt they actually honor that. I drive almost 90miles a day & never had a charge issue. Steady highway RPM's charge the system

If your the worrying type DONT run a diagnostic check lol. You'll have like 40 codes. Efffff BMW lol
Yes...
      09-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #7
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:

IMHO it has more to do with BMW's battery charging strategy. BMW are just trying to meet the ridiculous gummint CAFE standards.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #8
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Quote:

IMHO it has more to do with BMW's battery charging strategy. BMW are just trying to meet the ridiculous gummint CAFE standards.
Well they surely could've found another way than to leave the owners on the hook with cars that eat batteries and randomly stall in traffic because the batteries die.
      09-20-2018, 08:42 PM   #9
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 %E2%80%9C22%E2%80%9D MSpor

It's so Efff'ed up, I had a drainage warning 1 time because my alarm went off. I don't have full trust bmw cars, feel like it can possibly dead at anytime BUT I love the cars. Such a sh*ty feeling lol