2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Comfort Access / no warning tones / battery drain?

04-16-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
therealet23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Comfort Access / no warning tones / battery drain?

So when I received my car, the battery was scarcely low and 3 of the comfort access handles do not work to lock or unlock the car. If i am near the car with the key and it is locked, I can pull on any handle to unlock it but the comfort access doesn’t work in the fashion that it should with the ridges to lock and just putting my hand behind the hand,e to unlock (and not pulling).

I had a Christmas tree for gauges and most of the electronics were cut off so I took the battery out and had it charged at Autozone. After installation all the lights cleared (except for tpms and it won’t reset) And the audio and warning tones came back (no amplifier issue). Still no comfort access on 3 handles. The next morning the car said no warning tones as well as battery drain but I did leave my car charger plugged in all night.

I have ordered 2 of the handles (so far) and plan to replace them when they arrive but has anyone experienced this before?

Before startup (after sitting all night and day) the volts were 12.1 and with the car running, 14.1. Could the faulty handles be the reason for my no warning tones/battery issue?

I haven’t been able to get the sound back since the error and I really don’t want to pull the battery again. The car cranks runs and drives great though.

These are the error codes from the hidden gauge cluster menu (no CEL):
B7F668 - System Time Was Reset - active 0
E11420 - KOMBI: ServiceCall cannot be executed - active 0

Thoughts?

Last edited by therealet23; 04-16-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 12:35 AM   #2
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 550 Xi

Been thru this and know this all too well lol. Until you get ALL of the handles fixed, the car will continue to eat batteries and drive you insane. Been there...
      04-17-2019, 08:31 AM   #3
OrcaPod
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

I would try to replace car battery first and see if it fixes the issue. I had issues with comfort access/ battery drain on my 2011 528i. Charged battery few times overnight and it didn't help. Once i installed the new battery - issues were gone.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #4
therealet23
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
Been thru this and know this all too well lol. Until you get ALL of the handles fixed, the car will continue to eat batteries and drive you insane. Been there...
Ok I have 2 the handles on order and need the drivers rear. Anyone have one in carbon black?? Lol
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #5
therealet23
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaPod View Post
I would try to replace car battery first and see if it fixes the issue. I had issues with comfort access/ battery drain on my 2011 528i. Charged battery few times overnight and it didn't help. Once i installed the new battery - issues were gone.
Well the battery charged and it read good (itís an one battery from 2017) granted it was on a very very low charge for months. Do you think the battery would effect the comfort access handles independent of one another? I donít know that changing the battery would offset/fix the handle issue...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 08:14 PM   #6
ezaircon4jc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealet23 View Post
Ok I have 2 the handles on order and need the drivers rear. Anyone have one in carbon black?? Lol
Have 4... But they're attached to my car...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 11:32 PM   #7
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

You can check state of battery charge and histogram for battery in ISTA/D

While not definitive it's available data that can help you make a decision.

Or if your battery is close to 7 years I would just change it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 12:36 AM   #8
therealet23
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yea can’t I do that with bimmercode and veepack? I hear that with ISTA you can get super granular but I don’t think my old win laptop has 100gb hard drive. Not to mention I don’t know what cords to get and such. I didn get info on ista and esys but it looks very complicated. The most I’d want to do is code basic things (code out comfort access until i find h 4th handle) and potentially swap in a 6wa cluster.

My battery is oem from 9/2017
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:56 PM   #9
therealet23
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
You mind telling me exactly what you went through and how you resolved it?
Appreciate 0