2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Why is the clutch low?

02-21-2023, 03:20 PM   #1
headache876
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 550xi

Question Why is the clutch low?

2011 F10 535 6MT.

It Had a bad (low pressure fuel pump) lpfp, I jacked the car up from the rear, having both wheels off the ground. I replaced the pump and when I lowered it and went to start the car I noticed the clutch is super low, it barely lets me engage all the gears to shift. Has anyone has this problem before just from jacking the car up from the rear. I will add I did have to have the car on a slow charger to get it started as it sat for about a week because of the bad lpfp.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 03:44 PM   #2
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Might be a coincidence. Clutch is independent from anything you touched. It’s one hard line from the master to the slave. There is a high chance the slave is bad. Master fail less but it could be the next thing. That’s the only two thing that could cause it unless somehow you have air in the line and need to bleed it. Typically, it is recommended to replace both master and slave at the same time.
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2023, 04:41 PM   #3
headache876
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
Might be a coincidence. Clutch is independent from anything you touched. It’s one hard line from the master to the slave. There is a high chance the slave is bad. Master fail less but it could be the next thing. That’s the only two thing that could cause it unless somehow you have air in the line and need to bleed it. Typically, it is recommended to replace both master and slave at the same time.
Welp. More things to buy. Thanks so much
Appreciate 0